Thursday, September 2, 2010

Puppy Love!

It has been a few days now since Sandy and her puppies came into the house and I can see that Coco has taken to them. Oh, she will claim that she has no interest, but when no one is watching she sits in front of their enclosure and just gazes at them. Also, Sandy has become one of the pack. She goes out to the woods with us and she chases sticks. At first, she would not come out of the pen, and would ALWAYS stay between us and the pups.

How could any dog not love a puppy? Yes, I sit and watch them. They are just so cute! Besides, all my worries about losing out on attention and treats was for nothing.

I don't know why you run off at the mouth without giving any thought. Do you feel insecure?

Insecure??? I'm the one who sleeps in Dad's room. Why would I feel insecure?

Well, just two days ago you were raving about the new dogs getting all the affection and cookies.

I guess I wasn't thinking. When I remember how it was with Molly, I feel much better. We got the chance to play with Molly and even got to play with the puppies when they got bigger.

How do you feel now, about having more dogs in the house?

The more the merrier! It really was fun when Molly was here and having Sandy now gives me someone else to play with. Sometimes you can be a stick in the mud, Jodie. Sandy is much younger and seems more playful.

You'll see how playful I am the next time we are in the woods where the folks can't see. I just may chase you and bite your tail.

Like you could catch me in the woods. Ha!

OK, tease me and see what happens.

I tremble.

2 comments:

  1. babies always get all the attention!!..good thing I am the baby here..the cat rules the roost but I am bigger and pushier!!
    Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jodie & Coco, Rigg's here, Glad to hear that Sandy is getting out for a run with you guys, She look's like she is a playful dog, But don't worry Coco, you still have my eye, It won't be long and the puppy's will be seeing better and getting bigger and that's when the fun begins, I;ll bet they will be all over you guys wanting to play, Heck I still like playing and I'm not little anymore. Hope to see you again, Your MO. Buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete