Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello Folks, let me introduce myself. I'm Sandy and I'm hijacking Jodie and Coco's blog today. This is me:

As you can see, I'm a good looking Labrador / Golden Retriever girl. I've had some rough days in the past, but I'm having a heck of a time here with the Tempestas and Jodie and Coco.




Here I am coming back from a walk in the trails out back.


This is my main job right now. Having nine hungry puppies who have to be fed all too often. Some of them are so nice, but I have a couple who attack like piranhas.


There was a little spat between me and Jodie a couple of days ago. It was partly my fault and partly Jodie's. She was laying near the couch and I went over to say "Hi". She growled at me and I pounced on her. She shouldn't have growled and I shouldn't have over reacted. You see, I came from a home where there were so many dogs and if you let a growl go unchallenged, you quickly become the dog that they all pick on. So my actions were based on my previous experiences. Jodie is really a dear and we get along fine. Jodie and Coco go in the pool almost every day and I get to join them. I mean, I get to go out in the pool area with them. Coco is like a fish, the way she swims and chases a ball in the pool. Also the way she brings back toys from the bottom of the pool. Jodie likes to swim, too, but I don't think she likes to get her head wet. Me??? Well I like going out there and running around the pool with a toy in my mouth. I have NO interest in actually going in the water. In fact, my first bath here was a bit traumatic as I have never had a bath like that before. I had another bath a couple of days ago and I have to admit that it was much better. Jodie was telling me about the towel rubdown after and she was right. Aaaahh, a long rubdown with fresh towels is very nice.



Here we are just playing around on the patio.




So, all in all I'm having a great time here. I've only been here but I sure feel like I'm part of the pack. When we go out several times a day, the three of us dash out to the back yard together. A few days ago I saw a woman walking down the street. This was a stranger and I dashed down to the street and gave her an awful time. Jodie came with me and the two of us really terrified the lady. I guess it was a mistake because Jodie got into a lot of trouble over it. Mom and Pop told me "No" and I guess I know what that means. No barking at people in the street and no running out to the street. I can live with that.

I'm told that I will be her for about another 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not sure if I can hijack this blog again, but you can always reach me through Jodie and Coco.

Bye, All.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, I'm Rigg's from MO.Jodie & Coco can tell all about me, they came to my house to visit and meet me and we all went to the doggie park together and has a great time. I am almost two years old, (In Dec) and am all black and I weigh just about a hundred pounds, MY Dad and Paul say I am the fastest swimmer they have ever seen, but I am like Jodie & Coco and just love being in the water. I think your puppies are cute and Dad says you are a good Mom for them, I don't remember my Mom but I bet she was like you. Hey if your still staying with Jodie & Coco this winter I think my Dad & Mom are going to bring me for a visit, I always like meeting other Labs.Be safe. Like my Dad says, Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to blogville, Sandy!!..glad you are getting along with your 'pack'...Tucker, from BC, Canada..I would be in that swimming pool so fast it would make your head spin!!..I play hard, swim hard, and run really fast!!!

    ReplyDelete