Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well, it's as I suspected!

Just as I suspected, the new puppies are getting all the attention and Jodie and I are getting squat. I'm a little tired of playing second fiddle to a bunch of half pint pups. They can't see. They can't hear. They can't even walk. And another thing..........the folks are going into OUR cookie box to give Sandy a cookie............so there.

Hold on Cuckoo.....opps.....I mean Coco, are you getting less attention than you usually do?

Well, no, but any attention they give Sandy and the pups they could be giving to me.

You know that the folks are not petting us constantly or giving us cookies all the time. I'm still getting my share of attention and cookies.

Yeah??? Well, they could be giving us more.

I don't see how you can say that. You're getting all the attention you used to get and you're getting all the food and cookies you used to get. You shouldn't complain.

Well, if the new dogs are getting attention and cookies, there has to be a change someplace.

I agree with you there, but did you notice how little TV they watched last night and today? Did you notice that Dad didn't do any reading in his reading chair last night or today? Did you notice that Mom didn't do anything in the yard today? So yes, things have changed a little, but not in the way they treat us or feel about us. Does Sandy get to lie on Dad's bed? Of course not. Have you seen her in our room? Definitely not!

OK, I think I'm starting to understand. When I go up to Dad when he's at the computer, he still takes the time to give me some scratching, and Sandy NEVER comes into his computer room.

And where do you see the puppies? Are they running around causing all kinds of trouble?

OK, the answer is no. They can only crawl around their cage. They don't eat cookies and they don't actually demand attention.

Did you happen to notice that we get all our cookies at the normal times, AND if Dad gives Sandy a cookie, we automatically get another one, too?

Is that true or are you making it up. Remember, I'm not as dumb as I look.

Oh, I KNOW you're not as dumb as you look, but you're getting pretty close.

Huh???

Exactly!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Rigg's, I know how you feel Coco, I have to admit I get jealous when Dad shows another dog attention too, like at the doggie park the other day I was playing with this black lab girl named Mattie and the next thing I know Dad is giving her a pet and she gives him a lick, Can you believe that, I let her know right away it's my Dad and I give the licks around here. But I guess as long as you Mom & Dad are giving up their things for the pups and not cutting you short, it will work out, It will be better in a month or so when you can get to play a little with Sandy and watch the pups learn how to play.I wish I could say something to make you feel better Coco, Maybe I'll steal an envelope off Dad's desk and send you a sniff and a lick. But how will I write the address and get the stamp. Better think of something else.Jodie, I hope you can make Coco feel better, I miss you Guys. Your MO buddy. Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete