Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A visit with Riggs and then Home Again.

Well, folks, we're back home in Florida and it's a good thing that Dad got the pool ready so fast as it is very hot. These may be the dog days of summer, but to me and Coco, our days are either in the pool or in the air conditioning.

We were not able to post earlier as our posting person was unable to use the computer for a few days. He finally had a technician here today to solve the problem. Know what??? The problem was that Dad disconnected the cable before we went on vacation and forgot to reconnect it when we got back.

Geez Coco, I don't think we were supposed to tell anyone. Dad was quite embarrassed when the man pointed out the problem.

If he was too stupid to miss the connection, he'll never catch on to this.

I think you are walking a fine line........again.

Oh, well, back to our story. On the way home from way up north we stopped in Missouri to see Riggs. You may have seen a picture or two on our blog before, but this time we actually got to meet Riggs and he is a HUNK!!!! If I wasn't spayed.............

Yes, I agree, Riggs is a very handsome specimen of a Labrador Retreiver, but he is also an awesome swimmer. This is Riggs below.

This is my first meeting with Riggs and I was a little cowed. He is such an active dog and so handsome. I was overwhelmed on so many levels.



I consider myself to be a VERY good swimmer and Coco is no slow poke in the water either. We couldn't begin to compete with Riggs. He's so fast in the water that he's more like an otter than a dog. With his bulging muscles and big paws, he easily beat us to any of the toys.


This is Jodie, slowly paddling back with a ball.

And this is me and Coco coming back to shore.


Coco likes to drop the ball where Dad can't get it. It's so funny to see him chasing the ball, too.

Another shot of me and Jodie.

Jodie has the ball in this picture, but Riggs and I are closing in. I think Jodie spit it out before we could catch her.


And here I am alone with Riggs. There is some talk about him coming to Florida in the Fall and I hope it works out. I want to see if Riggs will jump in the pool. I really leap in the pool to fetch a toy. but Jodie will only go in at the steps. I'll have to wait and see.

Going in at the steps is the lady-like way to enter the pool. Jumping in like some out-of-control mad dog isn't something to brag about.

I guess some of us are braver than others, the way some of us ride in the motorhome better than others.

Are you going to bring up the time I looked to you for comfort?

Of course!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie & Coco, this is Rigg's, Thanks so much for visiting me, I keep reminding Dad that Florida really doesn't sound like it's to far, and he says it's over 900 miles away, What are miles? I think him & Mom will bring me down toward the winter.Oh I hope so. Dad went to Iowa with the trailer, I wanted to go but he said where he was going I would have to stay alone in the trailer all day.I wouldn't have cared.I like the trailer and all the smells of camping, he did say he will take me & Adam to the Lake when he get's back. Hey you girls be good,I like your Mom & Dad there pretty neat. Your MO buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dog days of summer..gotta love it!!..Me??..I have been going to work with my dad all week..it is hard work being the warehouse greeter!!..I am very tired..no time for swimming but once I am rested..I could beat all of you in a swimming race!!!
    your dog friend, Tucker!!

    ReplyDelete