Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swimmin' in Bear Lake

Jodie and I got a chance to do some swimmin in a lake near Seward, Alaska. Now, we're staying at a place called Bear Creek Campground and the trash cans are "bearproof". There are bears in the area and we were going to Bear Lake.

You make too much out of it, Coco. It's standard knowledge up here that people keep dogs around to keep the bears away. If we were to see a bear, a few barks would have him running like the wind.

OK, OK, maybe you're right. I'm just trying to build some interest in our blog. At any rate, the water was cold, not that we expected it to be warm. In fact, it is considerably warmer than the ocean water in Cook's Inlet.



You may notice the seaplanes in the background. It seemed that all the homes on the water had at least one. I started to check out one of them, but I was called back.



Here I am bring the ball back. What a great time we were having.



Coco and I are dashing into the water in this picture.



Here's another one of Coco doing what she loves to do. Trouble is, when she drops the ball, they throw the ball back in the water. I try to keep my ball so I don't have to keep chasing it.



Mom or Dad must have gotten the ball from Jodie and threw it back in the lake. That's the only time you'd see Jodie fetching the ball. Once she gets it in her mouth, she tries to keep it.

We didn't see or hear any bears.

No, we didn't, but I didn't expect to see any.

Well, I can always hope!




I want you to meet a friend we made in Homer, Alaska. His name is Fritz and he's from Germany. Not just a German Shepherd, but actually from Germany. He and his human run a shop down on the Homer Spit. He was a nice dog, but he spoke funny.

Yeah, I said woof, woof, and he answered voof, voof. What's with that, anyway

3 comments:

  1. You guys are having so much fun I can't wait till my mom and dad take me and Max on the road thanks for sharing your trip with me and Max.

    Listen to mom and dad so the bears do'nt get you..ok?

    Annie and Mad Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow swimming again and then you made a new friend, a German Shepherd, from Germany, My Dad said his first dog on the police department was named Fritz, I'll bet he was brave. Did I tell you about the big storm that knocked the tree down behind our house, I was brave and barked and barked when I heard the crash, I kept right by the back door to protect my Mommy cause Dad was asleep. I hope you guys are having fun. See ya someday. Your MO buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet jodie and coco swam so much, their paws looked like shriveled prunes :)

    ReplyDelete