Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting off the Leash!

Yes people and dog friends we have been getting out without being bound by the leash. Since I am the more trustworthy of us, Dad took me out yesterday on the leash, I think to get by Mom, who might have a fit if she knew we were loose. Once outside, he removed the leash and we had a nice romp, him and me. He chases me and tried to grab my tail while I race around in circles getting very close to him, but dodging aside at the last second. This is a fun this to do and it's almost as much fun as having a toy and trying ti keep it away from him. All I did was run around the meadow, running into the woods to take care of business. When he called me to come, I came instantly. I hope I'm gaining his trust and I will be off the leash more often.

Yes, I'm aware that Jodie was off the leash. Only a few minutes later Dad took me out and let me off the leash, too. I didn't waste time running around in circles around Dad, but broke into a dead run for the area where I smelled signs of dear of elk. I raced into the white birch and made a wide right circle to the right, taking me into a deep stand of fir tees. It took me only a moment to small all I wanted to smell, but then I was surprised the I couldn't see Jodie, Dad, or the camper. I like my freedom, but I was just a little concerned that I couldn't see anything I'm used to. Then Dad called, obviously from the other side of the firs. I races through the pines and there was Dad and Jodie. Was I ever glad to see them. I sure wouldn't want them to know how insecure I am. Dad immediately attached the leash and led me and Jodie back to the camper.

Later in the day, Dad got the tennis balls and thrower and took us into the field for fetch, We had a very good romp and we were both ready for a nap when we returned. No we are taken out without the leash and we both run into the woods to take care of business. Then we come right back and are let back in the camper. I think we're building up some trust and may see a lot more loose time in the future.

There is a lot of freedom where we are staying because the park is almost empty.

More later

The Tempesta Quadrapeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment