Friday, June 4, 2010

Two Dogs Traveling

Coco and I are still on the road expecting to get home no time soon. I notice that it stays light very late where we are, not getting really dark until after 10. I also note that we don't get out much up here, though we are in an interesting campground.

Yeah, the folks don't seem happy here, but there is SO MUCH going on. There are kids everywhere and they want to play with us a bit, as we don't intrude on their stick game. The field where we are walked is full of little animals that live in the ground. When we get near they disappear, but we look out the window and we can see them scurry from hole to hole. Dad calls them "prairie dogs", but they don't look like a dog to me. They are small, but don't even look like a chauaua....er...little Mexican dog. They look like tan colored rats with a short slightly hairy tail.

The folks took us for a ride, telling us that they found an off-leash dog park. Naturally we were excited as we LOVE playing with other dogs and without a leash its heaven. I guess that some of the information on the internet is out of date. The directions were specific, but the empty property is now under construction for condominiums. So much for a dog play area.

I'm also disappointed! No dog plays harder than I do and a dog park is where I burn off a lot of energy. Perhaps tomorrow.

The Furry Girls from Florida

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jody & Coco, This is Rigg's, did I tell you, my Dad took me camping for the first time last week, we stayed at Lake Sherwood Campground, It was really neat right next to the woods, lots of great smells, and everybody who came to the campground naturally wanted to pet me and get a lick, boy I was afraid my tongue would dry out.My Dad's Grandson Adam came with us so I always had somebody to play with and throw my squeekey toy, A couple of times I got so tired chasing it I had to go under the trailer for a nap. I got so excited chasing a frisbee that I chewed it into four pieces, Dad didn't like that. At night I had my own bed that Dad was thoughtfull enough to bring for me to sleep on.Boy camping is neat, I can't wait to go again, Mom came out for the weekend and we had a great time, the one bad thing is you can't swim in the lake if your a dog. They won't let you at the beach. Dad said some bonehead probably did something stupid with their dog and now everyone pays for it, since they posted a no dogs sign and made a new rule. Anyway you guys keep letting us know how your trip is going. Your MO buddy. Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete