Monday, June 21, 2010

Swimmin in the Nenana River

Howdy all, Coco and I got a chance to swim in the Nenena River, just outside Denali National Park.

Let me tell. Let me tell.

OK, Coco, go ahead.

Well it was cold. I MEAN COLD. This is glacial runoff, which is a scientific term for ice water.

Yes, that's true, but I was going to tell our friends first about the problems we had with the wifi. We already dictated his blog and it was all typed up, except for the spell check. When we tried the spell check, it would not respond. The wifi system had gone down and took our blog with it. Our typing person could not be consoled and we didn't get his service back until today. But, back to the swimming.

Like I said, the water was cold and not really too much fun, because of that, so we mainly played "catch me if you can".





As you can see, some times I'm the chaser and sometimes the chasee.






Coco found a photograph in the motorhome that has us troubled. We can see Dad on the back of a dog sled and the dog in the picture is not Coco and it's not me! Our first thought was that Dad was not being faithful to us, but he really treats us well and with a lot of affection. We've also noted his references to sled dogs. Could he be planning on getting some additional dogs? I wouldn't mind that, there's room for more.



WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!! He's been raving about the sled dogs and about a show that had the dogs pulling a man on a cart of some kind. What if he's planning on training us to be sled dogs or cart dogs?

Dad wouldn't do that? Would he?

You never know with humans. I think I'm going to start faking a limp.

I guess it might not hurt to practice walking with one paw in the air. That would keep the two of us out of the work. In the end, I'm not really worried. He'll forget about it in a day or two.

Ha!!! With a memory like his he can forget it in a sec. I guess I worried for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment