Wednesday, June 2, 2010

There is no POOP FAIRY

Well folks, you get all the latest news right here with me and Jodie. We talked about the evidence of elk in our campground, but we could never see them. Jodie didn't care much, bit I have the better nose and I could smell their presence. This afternoon there were a couple of herds of elk on a hillside overlooking the campground. They grazed and laid down a lot,but they didn't come down the hill.

Later on, just before it got very dark, at least two elk came to the edge of the grass, but quite a distance from us. All the folks were out there gawking at them with binoculars. Coco and I did not make a single noise. We were TOTALLY quiet.

Well, Jodie, I was hoping they would let me out. I was gonna double back in the woods and come at them from the other side. That would have driven them right out onto the field where everyone could get a good look.

Coco, you're getting delusional again. First, as clumsy as you are, you could never and I mean NEVER get close to the elk. And if through some sort of elk stupidity you did, they would make mince meat out of you. Let's see 80 pounds of dog against 1000 pounds of elk. Plus it could be one dog against a herd of elk.

No! No! We are a team, there would be two of us!

Let me state this again there would only be one dog, 1, singular, a chocolate Lab to be specific. No intelligent yellow lab is going to get kicked or stomped by an elk. I may chase a squirrel or a rabbit, and even then I hope that I don't actually catch it. It's only a game I play, but I'm not going to play the game with something that could EASILY KILL me.

Jodie, you're just a chicken!

Well, cluck, cluck, cluck!

1 comment:

  1. That title certainly got my attention. All these years I BELIEVED in the poop fairy, and now, I'm sitting hear in shock. No poop fairy?? Are you sure? :)

    Great story!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com/
    Feel free to stop by my blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete