Saturday, May 29, 2010

Killing Time in Montana

The whole family seems to be killing time near Glacier National Park. We are in a large meadow surrounded by a lot of snow capped mountains. All this means nothing to me. What I find interesting is all the smells around here that are new to me. There are elk around here, though I haven't seen a one. They leave fresh poop every night and unless there is a Poop Fairy running around up here it's the elk. And, nobody picks up after them. Jodie and I are not ALLOWED to be walked in the play area because they fear we may leave something behind. Then the elk come in and go wherever they want.

I've put in a few more pictures to show you our living arrangements while we're on the road



This is Jodie's "cave". I like this spot too because it's so cozy, but Jodie is the one who has it most often and this is where she sleeps. If I stick my head under there she growls at me. Very unladylike.



This is the other "dog" bed and sits behind the passenger seat. Sometimes I'm here if I'm not standing watch at the dashboard. Sometimes Jodie stays here if I happen to grab the cave.



Now this is where I really sleep, but this shows only the corner. The problem with the picture is that I'm so short. I can stand on my rear legs, but then I can't balance to take the picture, so the picture from this angle will have to do.

Jodie and I don't mind the weather too much, but several days of rain tends to put the folks in a funk. Mom seems to do OK, but Dad paces back and forth and mutters a lot. Personally, I don't know why we are staying here so long without doing anything. How about you, Jodie?

What do you mean?

Don't you think it's odd that we are here so long?

You have no concept about what's going on. Don't you remember all the problems with seeing out the front yesterday? Don't you remember all the cold and snow?

Yes, but....

But nothing. We are not sitting here for nothing. There is a part for the motorhome that is due in, and when the motorhome is ready we'll head off to Canada. Besides, there may be some activity in the works tomorrow.

Such as?

I heard them talking about a drive through Glacier National Park. If we go, and I hope we do, we should see more snow and actually get to play in it. We may see some new animals, such as bears and mountain goats. We may even see some of those elk who mess up our campground every night. What in the world are you doing now?

I'm practicing my sad face. I'll stay near the door and look sad and they'll have to take me.

What a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment