Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Day Out for a Change!

Due to circumstances beyond our control (mine and Jodie's) we spent an extra day in Billings, Montana. We're in a KOA campground that is just loaded with other dogs.

It's just that all the dogs are on leashes and are soon hustled away from us or any other dog.

Yes, that's true, but we went for a ride in the Jeep and stopped at a large open area where we got to play fetch. By that I mean that I got to play fetch while Jodie just ran back and forth with a tennis ball in her mouth. I ran and ran, probably too much as I panted all the way back to the campground.

Coco has no concept of pacing herself. The ball is thrown and she gets it and brings it back, when it is immediately thrown again. The folks got me to drop the ball and I fetched it. Then they threw it again and I got it, but I loft it in the grass a ways from the folk. I don't want them to think I'm a pushover for fetching. Once or twice to make them feel good is fine, but more than that is not my idea of fun.

The folks keep mentioning "snow", and wondering how the "dogs" are going to like it when we get to Glacier National Park. WHO CARES!!! Do they think I look like a St. Bernard?

I'm sure they don't think we're St. Bernards, but Labrador is in our heritage and that is a big snow area, too.

Whatever you say, Coco, but I'm a lie in the shade and take a dip in the pool type of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment