Monday, July 12, 2010

Swimmin in Valdez

The folks have been playing tricks on us, and I think it's mean. You see, Coco and I can recognize the sound of the car, so when they come home, we hear them and are waiting eagerly at the door.

Yeah, I was sleeping quietly on the couch and suddenly the door opened and there was Dad. I didn't know what to do.

I know exactly what you mean. I didn't hear the car or hear him come in. He caught me lying behind his bed. I didn't know what to do, so I growled. At least we didn't get into any trouble over it.

No, in fact, we got to go swimming this afternoon. Have you noticed that all the lakes we swim in have airplanes in them? I never see that in Florida.

Stupid! We never get to swim in the lakes in Florida because of the alligators.

Oh, you're right. Alligators, I forgot. Doesn't it seem like a dog's age since we've thought of alligators?

No, I never think of alligators. We swim in a pool remember? No alligators. No snakes. No bugs.

Duh, you've got me again. How about the swimmin pictures?

OK. The first one is at Robe Lake, just outside Valdez.



Here you are, Jodie, actually retrieving a ball.



And here you are, Coco, the only way to keep your mouth closed.



Mom took the opportunity to give us a quick shampoo.



By the way, Coco, what this I hear about you barking at a wooden cut out?

It was an honest mistake. coming into Valdez they have a cut out of a moose and I thought it was real. You can't fault me for that.

When did you realize your mistake?

First of all, Mom and Dad started laughing instead of yelling at me. Then, as we drove on, I could see the edge of the cut out and realized it was only a half inch thick. Then it didn't look like a moose, it looked like a stick.

Another day in the life of stupid.

2 comments:

  1. You guys crack me up and sound like me and Max arguing over nothing.

    Sounds like your still having a lot of fun and getting some swimming in.

    Your lucky you have someone to swim with and then I have short Max that just wants to swim in the kiddy pool.

    Your pals;
    Annie and Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you guys are still on vacation, and swimming, I can't wait till Saturday, Mom & Dad are taking me & Adam in the truck & trailer for a week of camping in Indiana & Ohio, don't know where that is but Dad said they have doggie parks and places to swim at both of them, I can't wait, I am so excited I have to run around in circles sometimes, Dad got a new camera and said he would be posting my swimming pictures,he put one in yesterdays blog of my serious look, did you see it. Hey I'll let you how how the trip is going. Your MO buddy, Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete