Sunday, July 25, 2010

Catching up!

A few days ago Coco and I had an unusual experience. Of course, you realize that we spend too much time in the motorhome. And what do we do in the motorhome, sleep, eat, and ride. Well, we were in the motorhome, but we did more than just ride.

I know! I know! We went in a cave!!!

Don't listen to Stupid. We went on a ship. The side of the ship opened up and Dad just drove the motorhome in. Our camper was packed with a lot of others like dog bones in a box, each one almost touching the one in front and the ones on the side. There were people walking around and it was pretty hectic and noisy.

And I barked at almost everyone that passed by, didn't I Jodie?

Yes, you did. You gave me a head ache.

And it was like a cave. All we could see out front was the back of another camper. And all we could see out of the sides were another camper on one side and a wall on the other. And when all the people went away, it got very quiet.


Yes it did Coco, it got very quiet, but the lights never went out so at least we could see a little bit.

And then everything started to rumble and shake. And I wondered what was happening.

What was happening was that the ship was getting underway. Sorry folks, Coco has had a life of limited experiences. The ship got underway and we rumbled for about an hour before getting to Skagway. There, the rumbling stopped and we started hearing other noises. People were starting to appear and there came DAD!!!!! Boy were we glad to see him.

We didn't get to see Mom though.

That's true, we didn't. That's because Mom was with the Jeep. Dad had to drive the motorhome on and off the ship and Mom had to drive the Jeep.

It was a long time before we saw Mom.

Yes, it's true. Since Mom was one of the first to drive on the ship, she was one of the last to leave. and since we were among the last to get on the ship, we were one of the first to leave. So Dad drove the camper off the ship and up the ramps to shore and pulled over to the side of the road as soon as he could.


And it's a good this he did. I was so nervous with all the rumbling that I really had to go BAD!!!

So Dad pulled to the side and got us ready to be walked. He was going to take me first and clipped my collar to the leash. He opened the door and told Coco to stay. Coco just jumped right past him and dashed away.

I REALLY had to go!!!!

Anyway, Coco was out the door in a heartbeat and was running free. She did her business in just a few seconds, as did I, and Dad wanted us back in the camper. Of course I was on the leash and I was no problem, but Coco was running free and wouldn't come when called. She can be such a bitch.

I was free and I was excited and after being pent up on the ship it felt good to run around.

Oh, I'm sure. She wouldn't come when called, but being a little slow to catch on, she fell for the oldest trick in the book. Dad yelled "SUPPER", and she was at the camper steps in a second. Dad opened the door and in she went.

Yeah, I guess that was a little silly of me. 5:00 Am and I was expecting supper? It was too early for breakfast. What bothers me is that it's worked before and it worked again. You'd think I'd learn.

It all went well. Mom was there in a few minutes and we moved to a location where we could stay awhile. Mom cooked breakfast and we had a couple of eggs. Then we all settled in for a snooze.

And I didn't bark anymore.

No, and we all could sleep. Now say Good night, Coco.

OK, Good night Coco.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodie & Coco, This is Rigg's, I just got home from my week of vacation, hey guess what. I got to ride on a boat too, it was Cousin Patrick's pontoon boat in Ohio. It was a short ride for me because some duckies swam up along side the boat and I was trying to get off the boat and in the water after them Dad had to hold me tight, Hey I'm a Lab we like getting duckies, anyway, Dad told Cousin Pat to take us back to the dock and then him and I went back to the campsite, while Mom and Adam & Cousin Pat stayed on the boat, I heard Adam tell Dad they had a good time swimming and tubing from the boat, so maybe next time I'll be good so I can see what tubing is, I know I love swimming and I missed that too. Hope you guys are still enjoying your trip, I went right to sleep when I got home right next to Dad's feet. Your MO. buddy Rigg's..

    ReplyDelete