Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another swimmin story

Hey, Y'all. Coco here and me and Jodie are still having a great time in Alaska. Even getting in some more swimming.

Uh.... Coco......We were actually not in Alaska the last two times we went swimming.

NOT ALASKA???? What do you mean?

Actually, we were in British Columbia in Canada.

Well, ..... when did we leave Alaska?

The day before yesterday, while you were sleeping.

Oh.....you mean the pictures I am going to show are in British Columbia?

Yes!

OK, we did some swimmin the last couple of days in beautiful British Columbia. As we were driving along some highway, we could see a lot of lakes and rivers along the road and being the alert lookout that I am, I whimpered a few times to let my people know that the water had my attention.

Whimper??? Is that your word for whining?

Phooey to you! .....As I was saying.....finally the folks pulled into a rest area right beside a pond. A beautiful pond with clear water. Best of all, the water was MUCH WARMER that we found in Haines.




We had a great time fetching the balls. I was even dropping the ball so I could fetch it again. I usually keep one ball in my mouth and try to have Coco chase me. This was a time, I guess, where I craved the exercise.



We did get a lot of exercise. I don't know what I like more, the swimmin or the towel rub down after.

Yeah, the rub down is a real treat. What ever it was, the swimmin or towlin, but we slept like logs that night. We were camped in a rest area near a river. The sound of the water rushing through the rocks is what lulled me to sleep.

And.....in the morning we got to have a swim in the river. WHAT A BLAST!!!!



There were rapids and a nice pool where the current wasn't too bad. The folks would throw a piece of wood into the current and Coco would bring it back. She's drop the stick so she could shake the water off, and I'd grab the stick and have her chase me. What fun!


That's true, Jodie can be so sleazy. She just waits for me to come ashore and then she grabs the wood. The folks and I have to chase her down to get it back so they can throw it again. Still we had a glorious time in the river.

Coco is right about the fast water. I love it when the water is moving. I love the river, I love the rapids, and I like surf. We had quite a workout and it had an interesting effect. Usually I'm pretty uptight when we travel and the bumpier the road, the more uptight I get. After this morning workout I wasn't as nervous on the trip yesterday.

Gawd, Jodie. The ride doesn't get much better than riding in a motorhome. The air suspension under our camper makes it easy for me to snooze whenever I want.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm just a more sensitive lady.

Whatever. I'm going to have the folks get me some doggy boots, cause it's getting deep in here.

Drat.

3 comments:

  1. Forget the boots! Get those doggies some flippers and swim caps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jodie & Coco, this is your buddy Rigg's I just got home from my vacation, what a blast, I got to swim and play with other dog's and met my Mom's nephew's dog Duncan he is a yellowlab/standard poodle mix and is as tall as me, since he is a couple years older than me I had to let him be the leader,anyway he knew the way around where we were. Also met two other yellow labs, Molly at the campground in Indiana and Arian at the doggie park in Ohio. They were both fun playmates and pretty ladies.Hoipe you get to come through MO. so we can meet, Dad said he could have you stay at the campground up at Lake Sherwood where he takes me you would like it but they don't let you swim there, The campground has plenty of nice grass and smells. Hope you guys are having fun, Your MO. Buddy Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BC was one of our favorite parts of the trip. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I am glad you 2 enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete