Thursday, November 25, 2010

It was entrapment!!!

Coco here wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving and I sure hope that all my friends get some castoffs from the table. I find that if you hang around the table, a little stuff will fall on the floor from time to time. This is especially true if there has been a lot of drinking. Also, if there are two tables, by all means stick around the kids table. Not only do the kids drop more, they'll feel sorry for you and give you lots of good stuff right off their plates. Have a great day!






Now let me explain this picture and how I was caught in such a position. When the folks go out, I usually get on the couch and relax. Oh, I've been "caught in the act" a few times, but I was awake and all they actually saw was me slithering off the furniture. OK, so last night Mom and Dad went out ans I jumped on the couch. I laid back and soon I was in dreamland. What I failed to consider was that their son, P.T., was still in the house. I guess he came out while I was asleep and took the picture and showed it to Dad. Fortunately, they got a kick out of it and I didn't get yelled at.

I had another close call a week or so ago when they had a friend over. She sat on the couch and ran her hand over the leather and asked Helen where all the dark hair was coming from. It was the same color hair as their chocolate Lab, me! I hid out in the computer room until things cooled off. I can't complain as I seem to be getting away with murder now that we have Sandy. Hold on, Jodie wants to put her two bones worth in.

Hi, all!! This is some information for some of our friends. Sometimes a couple of our four legged friends will fight over a toy or ball. We don't have that problem, even with Sandy in the pack. I think the reason is that Dad buys tennis balls by the bag full, so there are always a lot of spare yellow balls around, so we never have to fight for one. Also, unlike Riggs and Sadie, who are so different in size, the three of us are all about the same height and weight, so when we rough house, we are evenly matched. When we were over the east coast a few weeks ago, we were not taken to Dad's brother's house. We usually go there and there is a very small Maltese that lives there. Coco and I have played with her in the past, but we don't play rough with such a little dog. Since Mom wasn't sure about Sandy, we were all kept from visiting. I felt bad about it because Paul's brother, Rick, is VERY generous with the cookies, if you know what I mean.

I think Mom worried for nothing. I wouldn't hurt another dog no matter how small it might be. I am a VERY GENTLE dog. Besides, I like cookies too and regret any chance not taken. I'm becoming more accustomed to the Tempesta household. Yesterday I learned how to jump up on Dad's bed. I know how to chase and retrieve a ball, bit I still don't want to give the ball back. Mom has been working with Mom and I'm learning some commands. I know "sit". Well, we've got to run. Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends from all the girls and people here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie, Coco, & Sandy, Rigg's here, Thank's for the advice, I can't beg by any table, even the one with kids. Mom is death on begging for food, but I just learned that if I stay good and hang at the treat milk can and give Mom or Dad that really sorry look with my big black eyes they will sometimes, say "Does Rigg's want a treat" I even have clued Sadie in about it and she knows where the milk can is and what's in it.Your right about having to be careful with Sadie, she is smaller now than I was when i came here to live and look how big I got,Mom says she is going to stay that way all her life, I guess some dogs never grow big like us.But she is fun to play with and a good little sister. Have fun. Your MO. Buddy Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. busted!!..the picture and hair are a 'dead giveaway'...I have not figured out a way to sleep on the bed all day and get rid of the hair before mom gets home...let me know if you figure out a plan
    Tucker from BC

    ReplyDelete