Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello from Palm Bay

Hello all! Barking out to Riggs, Annie, Lady, Max, Tucker, and........and......Dodi. I know there are more, but I can't remember any more names. Coco, Sandy and I came over to Palm Bay on Friday with the folks. We're staying at a campground across the street from water, but the folks don't let us get there.

And the ground bites, Jodie. Don't forget to tell them that.

Coco's correct. The ground has some nasty burrs that stick in our feet and drive us crazy. To be honest, it was a problem at first because the folks didn't know about it. At the first sign of a burr, Dad would look at my foot and take it out. Now he walks us another way so we don't get the burrs.

Hi, I'm Sandy, and I really like the dog park we got to every day. I like living in the moving house. I like my bed in the moving house. I even like the long ride in the moving house last Friday.

Sandy hasn't had to endure the drive to Alaska and back, so she has no idea what a long drive is. The ride to Palm bay was 140 miles or so. The Alaska trip was over 11,000 miles.

That may be true, but I like the ride anyway. How about the dog park? We take a short drive out of town and we get to a really neat park with a free dog park. We can run and run with no rope or leash. We can play with other dogs and sniff a million different smells. It's the greatest place I've ever been.

Yes, but you have led a sheltered life. Jodie and I spent a day with Riggs in a park in Missouri. Now that was a park. it was also a free park, without leashes or ropes, but what it did have was a POND. Do you have any idea how fantastic a pond is to a Lab?

Coco and Sandy, you're both right. How about if we add a few pictures to the blog?

I'll second that!

Me, too.




Here's one reason I like the moving house. I get to share the big bed with Jodie, Coco, and Dad.



One of our pals at the dog park enjoying the water feature. It was better than nothing, but it was not a pond.



Here's Coco strutting along the back fence. It keeps her from getting in the mud that you can't see behind the fence.



Here I'm getting a drink from the water bowl. I could just as easily have taken a drink from the fountain you see on the left.



This is on the way back. I can tell because my tongue is hanging out. I'm doing the job as navigator, showing Dad the way back to the motorhome. I keep explaining to Sandy that it's a motorhome and she still calls it a moving house.



Jodie and Coco on the prowl, and I'll call the thing a motorhome from now on. Jodie can be so picky.



This beauty wandering the range is ME!!!!



Intent on something?


Sandy has found a treasure, perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ladies, it's Rigg's here, I sure can't wait until my Dad & Mom can bring me to Fla. for a visit,Did you say your at Palm beach, a beach has water doesn't it like the doggie beach at the State Park in Ohio we stayed at, so did you get to swim? Sandy you sure are getting out and having fun now the the pups have grown and left for new homes. Hey Coco & Jodie, you still get to chase the balls your Day throws, he is a great thrower. My Dad is still away from home in PA. I sure miss him. He said he is bringing me a surprise home I am so excited, I will let you know what it is as soon as he get's here. I like the picture of you guys napping with your Dad, I always jump into the bed with dad or Adam when they nap in the trailer. That's about it for now, it's getting cold now in MO. Be safe out there. Your MO. buddy Rigg's..

    ReplyDelete