Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Puppies are moving on!

The puppies are almost all gone. Today we have two, but one more will be leaving later today. Not all is lost, however as we still have Sandy and she is so much fun to romp with. We tried to play with the pups, but they don't play fair. I try to run around with them and make sure I don't step on one, but they run underneath me and bite my legs. They get in where I can't see them and then I feel their sharp teeth on my leg. Pretty soon I don't care about playing, I just want to get away.


Here you can see me sparring with the white tornado, though Dad calls him El Diabalo. He's murder all by himself, but when we had the other two it was impossible! You keep one away from your front feet and the others are after your rear legs or your tail. We can call him the white tornado or El Diabalo, but the bunch of them are canine piranhas.

Yes, Coco, I agree. I thought it would be fun to romp with the pups, but they're too much for me also. However, we are getting down to just one pup as the White Monster is leaving today. It seems like only yesterday that we had all nine pups in the pen and they were no trouble for us at all.

Jodie, you and Coco may feel that they were no trouble, but that's because you were not nursing them. That's especially true when they got teeth. I couldn't believe the way they pulled on me when they ate. I thought I'd be dragging my parts on the ground when I walked, but I guess it wasn't quite that bad. I'll probably NEVER get my figure back.

Seeing you with the pups, Sandy, brings out the maternal instinct in me, but when we see how they treat you, we know that motherhood is not for us.

Amen to that you two. I love having them around, as long as they're on one side of the fence and I'm on the other. This afternoon we'll just have Aria. Do you think the three of us can cope with only one pup to play with?

I don't think so Coco. She's tiny and if she gets under foot, she'll bite the heck out of our feet and we can't get at her. Two of us will be safe, but the one she picks on will have legs like hamburger.

You may be right, Jodie. You and Sandy are more agile than I am, so I would be the last one to get away. I'll have to rethink this.

Well Coco and Jodie, should we get ready to greet the people coming to adopt El Diabalo? I feel a rousing howl may make them think twice about having a dog.

No, Sandy, the fewer digs we have around here the more attention we older dogs will get. When all the pups are gone I expect to be showered with attention for awhile.

I'll second that.

You girls may be right. In my last home I shared with sixty dogs and rarely got any individual attention, except for those damn males when I came into heat.

Well, Coco and I were spayed early on, so we know nothing of that problem. We just stay so cute and adorable and get all the attention we want.

I'll second that.

My favorite ploy is to lay beside Dad when he's at the computer. I keep a close eye on him and when he turns his chair to get up, I roll over on my back and he can't help but give me a belly rub. It's either that or he'll trip over me.

I'll second that.

You'll second that. You'll second that. What do you mean ? You don't lie beside his chair and wait for him to turn.

No, I haven't in the past, but it's a good idea which I'll use in the future. How much is enough belly rub............more. Get it? More!!! Ha Ha.

Are you two always like this?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ladies, this is Rigg's here, I was just wondering if the girls have the puppies and then feed them and water them and take care of them, what do us boys do, I guess were just here to play with them and guard all of you. I'll have to ask my Dad about that when he gets home, Mom is a girl so she probably won't know either. Talking about those tummy rubs really makes me miss my Dad, Especially right after he makes the bed and I jump up on top of it and roll over, he gives such good rubs I could lay there all day. Hope you girls are enjoying warm weather in Florida, it is nice in MO. but Dad said it is only 50 during the day and near freezing at night in PA. I remember how cold last winter was and the snow we kept getting,snow is fun to play in for awhile,but it sure feels good to come and and lay in front of the fireplace. Hey talk to you next time. Your MO buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete