Friday, December 3, 2010

News from the girls.

There's not a lot going on right now. We've been going out and playing fetch with the tennis balls, but we don't go in the pool when it's so cold. Even a tough Lab like me doesn't like the cold and when I'm ready to come in I bark to come in, and I bark loud. LET ME IN! LET ME IN!!

Being the new girl in town, I haven't had to do anything to come in. When I get to the door, it opens and I'm back in where it's nice and warm. I'm doing much better about getting on the big bed and now join Jodie and Coco there. It's warm and comfortable and Dad is usually there to scratch all of us.

When I want to come in I look through the window next to the door. It's foggy, so I can't see well, but I can see if someone is coming. If I don't see anyone I scratch on the door and pretty soon Mom or Dad opens the door. Like Jodie, I don't care much for the cold weather. Mostly I don't like the cold weather because we don't get to use the pool, but I also don't like the cold weather because I don't have the deep fur that Jodie has.

We've been reading a lot lately about Riggs exploits. Riggs is a big, powerful male Lab and he lives with Sadie, a very small female. We love Riggs, but us girls have to stick together and we want Riggs to be more careful around the little lady. We three are all about the same size and we can't rough-house the way Riggs can. Which is not to say we can't get into trouble.

Ooh, ooh, can I tell?

Sure, go ahead.

OK. Each night, after we've made our last trip outside we get a special T-BONE cookie as a treat. When we get the treat we know that it's the end of our day and we should go to bed. The folks let us out and when all three of us are back in, they take the treats from the edge of the counter and give them to us.

They never saw me take anything!!!

Well, Jodie and I were in and we were waiting for Coco. A few minutes later Coco came in and Mom reached for the treats, but they were gone. Jodie was already in bed, which is unusual as we all wait for the treat. Now, I didn't see Jodie take the treats, but I know I didn't take the treats.

And they disappeared while I was still outside, so it wasn't me.

Be honest, nobody saw who took the treats, so why blame me?

It's circumstantial evidence. There are five of us in the house. Neither of the folks eats our treats. Sandy didn't take them and I was outside. You, Jodie, were all too comfortable on the bed. When Mom got two new treats for me and Sandy you didn't even come out looking for a treat because you knew you were not going to get any more.

Nobody saw me take anything. It could have been a mouse. Mom might have been mistaken and hadn't put the treats out yet. Strange things happen, right Riggs?




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie ,Coco, & Sandy, It's Rigg's here in MO. I was reading your blog today, I miss you guys you are sure fun to play with and I haven't met Sandy yet. You don't have to worry I am getting better about being gentle with Sadie, After all she is the only little sister I have. Did your Dad tell you I went out and chased and barked at a big bird that was circling above Sadie, My Dad said it was looking to steal her for a meal. I am very protective of her now. Hey guess what in a little while it will be my birthday, that is December 19th, I will be two human years old or 14 dog years, that makes me a teenager. I heard My Dad tell Adam that he would be able to drive when he was 16 so I wonder if Dad will let me drive the truck when I am 16 dog years old. Anyway I heard my Dad might be home with us for my birthday, Boy Oh Boy would that ever be a great birthday present,I can hardly wait.Hey Jodie, just in case you did score the Cookies your Mom put out, you need to be faster on your feet with an excuse, that one about the mouse was pretty lame. and like your sisters said all the evidence and the way you went right to bed pointed directly to you. Anyway that's about it for now. I hope it warms up so you can play outside, it's cold here in MO too. Your Buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blame the cat!!??..if there was one!!
    I get a cookie at bedtime too!..and then off I go ..I sleep under mom and dad's bed..I know I am weird..it is cozy under there..and then on the weekends they let me hop up on the bed with them for a while in the morning..I love the weekends!!
    Tucker..woof woof!..I would be in that pool so fast it would make the cookies disappear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girls, Its Donna Rigg's mom. Well Jodie you and Riggs must be of the same mind. Andy called me the other day. I had left the treats on the counter. Apparently Riggs took the whole bag, when Sadie tried to join in on the feast he snapped at her. Andy had to wrestle him down, when he tried to get bag out of Rigg's mouth, Riggs bit down even harder and Andy's hand was there. Well Riggs got a good slap for that one. Andy wasnt worried about the treats but about the plastic bag they were in. You have to be careful about plastic. Sadly years ago our neighbors dog died because of plastic she had ingested. We all know who tempting treats are, but you gotta share.

    ReplyDelete