Saturday, December 18, 2010

A note from the pack

Jodie here, trying to write something on the blog. The problem is that there has not been a lot going on. Sandy started heat worm treatment a couple of weeks ago and she cannot frolic with me and Coco for a while. Generally, Coco and I go out together and then when we come on Sandy goes out on the leash.

Well, Jodie and I run way out in the back and bark at something that's out there. WE could tell by the smell that it was some kind of cat, but Dad thought it was a coyote. We just can't make Dad understand what we're barking about.

He knows when he catches us barking at Marshmello, the cat across the street, but if he can't see what we see, he hasn't a clue.

I started my shots for heart worm and I have to be kept quiet for a total of eight weeks. All the quiet is driving me crazy, but you have to do what you have to do. The shot wasn't too bad, but they shaved a spot on my backside and it sure looks silly. In another couple of weeks I have to go for two more shots and I understand that they will shave a spot on my other side. I hope it grows back fast.

Well, we miss running around the yard with Sandy, but most of all I miss getting into the pool. Even though Sandy won't jump in the pool, she runs around the deck all the time Jodie and I are swimming. Since she's not allowed to run she can't go out with us and I guess the folks don't want to tease her by letting us in the pool.

We're also up on Riggs and Sadie and know that Riggs must be getting all the attention he missed while Sam was away. WE know that Sam's a real nice guy and Sadie aught to warm up to him very quickly.

I know how Sadie feels. I was very timid when I first came to the Tempesta house, but now I'm one of the pack and get all the attention that Jodie and Coco get. I'm still a bit shy, being timid when friends come over, but once we get to know each other all is well. When Rita and Barb first came over I was shy, but now I know them and I'm sure to get close to get my share of the petting. Rita and Barb are dog people and are not dismayed to have the three of us all over them.

Truth be told, we act as if we are starved for attention, but that's not the case. It's just that a dog has to do what a dog has to do, and if that means being a hog for cookies or attention, so be it.

Has anyone mentioned that Sandy is finding her way to Dad's bed on her own? The other day I went to chill out there and found that Sandy had beat me to it. No problem as there's plenty of room for the three of us AND Dad. If we dumped Dad, we'd have room for two or three more labs or twenty Sadies. Yorkies don't take up much room.

I guess That's all for now. We didn't have any new pictures to add this time, but we'll work on it.

Barks to all!

2 comments:

  1. barking back at you all!..Tucker..sleeping on the bed!..gotta get back there before the cat takes over!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girls, it's Rigg's from MO. I sure hope you guys are doing okay and that Sandy is listening to her doctor, I had to go to the vet for an infection from a flea but I am all better now. Hey guess what. My Dad is home, I was so happy when he came in the door, I started crying and was all over him giving him licks and kisses and getting the best rub's and pet's. He is really a good guy to have for a Dad and I know he loves me, He brought presents from Pa for me & Sadie, I got a big rubber chew toy and a sweater that even though it said large was too small. Dad said they don't make a 2xx like he wears so he will get me something else.I feel sorry for Dad he wanted me to have that sweater so bad. Sadie won't go near him and barks like she is afraid of him,I told her she's nut's he's the best Dad in the world and he is her Grandpa and loves her. maybe she will come around soon, but for now I can hog the attention. Dad says he is still thinking of either a trip to Fla or talking your Dad & Mom into coming up here on a vacation for a week and staying at Lake Sherwood with us. Boy that would be fun, we have a neat campground and it's also close to the doggie park we went to.Today, Dec 19th is my Birthday, I am two years old and a big boy now.I wonder what I will get for my birthday. Boy, presents again. Hey you girls be good and I hope I will see you soon. Your MO buddy Rigg's, and also Sadie...

    ReplyDelete