Thursday, December 30, 2010

We hate to end the year on a bad note, but.....

OK, I'm the new girl in the house and I have a few gripes concerning the holiday season. I've been living here with Jodie and Coco for several months and they told me about the great time we were going to have around Christmas. They mentioned getting toys and treats wrapped up in fancy paper that they would tear open to enjoy what was inside. THAT WAS A LIE!!

No, Sandy, it wasn't a lie. Coco and I always got some stuff at Christmas that was under the tree. Possibly a toy or two, but always a box of treats of some kind. Isn't that true, Coco?

That's true! I don't know what happened this year, but there was nothing under the tree for us. That's OK, though. What I really miss is Christmas Dinner with all the kids. You see. Sandy, all the adults eat in the dining room and all the little kids eat at a low table in the kitchen. They droop about as much on the floor as they eat, maybe more, and Jodie and I always stayed close to clean up.

I won't admit saying this, but the table is so low and the kids so busy fooling around that it's just so easy to grab a quick bite right off their plate.

Why is it that I only have to hear about the good old days? Did all this change because of me?

No, Sandy, this is the result of changing dynamics in the family. You just came in at the wrong time. Are there any other problems?

I have a gripe! Look at the following two pictures.




Did you notice the outside temperature? 17 degrees. 17 degrees!!!! Here in Florida!!!

Now look at the second picture and you'll see Sadie and Riggs in their winter coats. WINTER COATS!!! DO we have coats???? NO!!! 17 degrees and we have no winter coats!

OK, Coco, I'll admit that it has been cold, but we don't go out for very long and we're back in the house in just a moment or two.

You'd say that, you have an extra layer of hair to keep you warm. I get cold out there. What do you say, Sandy?

Well, last year was a cold winter and I didn't have a coat then either. I only go outside for as long as it takes to do my business and when it's cold, I don't waste any time.

Another problem is that the pool is so cold they won't let me swim! Some people have pool heaters, but do we? NO!!

You're really on a tear now, Coco. Anything else while you're into the ranting and raving?

Yeah, as a mater of fact there is. I've been sleeping on Dad's bed for eons. Just me and Dad. He has his side and I had the rest. It was nice. Then the weather turned cold and suddenly you and Sandy also want to spend the night on Dad's bed. He has most of his side, but I have to share the rest with the two of you. Who gave you two dibs on Dad's bed?

I'm sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed on the bed.

Sandy, don't listen to Coco. she has no say as to whether you can go on the bed or not. If Mom says to get off, or if Dad says to get off, then we'd have to get off the bed. Since the people make the rules around here, they are the ones who could forbid us to keep off the bed. I don't know if you've noticed, but just as soon as the folks leave, Coco jumps up in the love seat and lays on her back with her head hanging over the arm. It's as if she's in a coma. BUT, when the garage door starts to open, she's back on the floor so she doesn't get caught. Who does she think she's kidding?

I noticed that, but wondered why she'd get up there when there are so many beds and carpets around.

OK, make fun of me. I get bored. Life would be better if the folks would leave the door to the cookies open. A cookie now and then would sure pass the time and even help stave off the cold.

Yeah, and soon she'd be so fat that she'd never get on the bed or the sofa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls, it's Rigg's and Sadie. Boy are we lucky today it is 63 degrees outside, wow, we don't need our winter coats today, Thanks for putting our picture on your blog, did you notice how I am patently waiting and how serious I look, while Sadie is showing off, sure it's easy to stand on your hind legs and dance around when you don't weigh nothing, try that when your a big boy like me at over a hundred lbs, but I can stand on my hind legs for Mom too, especially when there's a treat to sweeten the deal. Did I tell you One of the presents Dad brought us from Pa was Winter sweaters for Sadie and me, but guess what, I was too big for the large and Dad is having trouble finding an xtra large for me, you guys would probably fit in a large but my chest is to wide and it won't fasten.Sandy I hope you are taking your medicine and feeling better, and don't worry Dad said Florida will be back to normal soon.I have to go outside now so I will talk to you guys later.Rigg's & Sadie....

    ReplyDelete