Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WOW O WOW O WOW!!!!!

SANDY: I know that I was whining a bit as we crossed the country, but it really did seem like we were going to be driving forever. We have finally arrived at the first destination and I am flabbergasted!!!! Jodie and Coco kept telling me that it would be great when we got here, but I didn't quite believe all they told me. It is AWESOME!!!!!!


That's me on the left ! I'm having the greatest time in the surf!!

JODIE: She is really enthusiastic in the above picture, but don't think that she just jumped right in. She did not. She wouldn't even be swimming in the pool if Mom and Dad hadn't carried her in and taught her how to swim.

COCO: That's correct! When we saw the water, Jodie and I took off like there was no tomorrow and sandy was right behind. Jodie and I CHARGED into the water hoping to swim well out in the Pacific. Sandy followed us right up until she got her feet wet. Then she really put on the brakes.

SANDY: Well, it was beautiful and all, but the waves and the surf caused me a little distress. After all, this was nothing like the pool. Besides, I caught on pretty quick when Dad started to throw sticks for us to fetch.

JODIE: Yes, you did, and to be honest, Sandy, Coco and I have never seen such surf. We have been to beaches from the Florida Keys to Labrador, Mexico to Alaska, and we have never seen such a beach. It goes as far as the eyes can see and the surf was much higher than we have ever seen. I saw the waves break over your head a couple of times and you just kept swimming for the stick. You catch on quick. Of course you have me and Coco to show you the way.

COCO: Another thing in your favor is the water temperature. It's so warm I wouldn't be surprised to see Dad or Mom in the water. That was certainly NOT the situation in Canada or Alaska.

JODIE: There is one area that requires more work on your part. You may have seen me and Coco running madly along the beach, then reach down and snatch something out of the sand. We can do that without breaking stride and it drives the folks nuts. We're picking up pieces of dead fish that have reached the right stage of aging. Fresh fish is no good. Fish that has "aged" too long is only good to roll in. However, with all the fishing that goes on around here, there's a lot of fish that's just right.

COCO: The skill comes in being able to pick up the fish and swallow some without slowing down. That way, Mom and Dad can't take it away from you. It drives them crazy trying to catch you to get the fish away. But, now that I think of it, it's even better when you find a real old carcass to roll in, especially if you've just had a bath. Remember that time in Canada, Jodie?

JODIE: Do I? It was sooooo cold and we were wet but we had found a place where a number of fishermen had cleaned their catch. Mom and Dad tied us out in the cold until they could get the water heater working to give us a bath. When that warm water hit those old fish guts.....uumm, uumm, good, though the folks didn't appreciate it.

SANDY: All that sounds disgusting! I'm a more finicky lady. I'll roll in the sand, but not on a fish. I eat the food the folks provide and I adore cookies, but half rotten fish is a no no.

COCO: Whatever. We're going to be here for a month and we'll see just how much Jodie and I can train you. We'll have you eating crabs and barnacles before we're through.

JODIE: I think that's enough for now. We have more pictures to post, so lets get to it.






There's actually all three of us in this picture. What a ball!!!!



Pooches pow wow around the stick.



Sandy grabbing the big stick by herself.



Coco trying to take the stick from Sandy.



A good sand rub to get the sand down deep in the fur.



Las Tres Perras Bonita a Playa de Celestino.


Sunset comes and we can finally rest. Another wonderful day in paradise.

2 comments:

  1. have fun in the mexican water!!..looks like a great time is going to be had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girls, This is Rigg's, Boy are you guys lucky, a beach with warm water in the cold weather season and all to yourselves. I am a finicky guy and don't like old dead fish either. Tell me have you met any of the Mexican dogs yet. Don't listen to them they will try to sweet talk you in that Spanish barking, but you know I, Rigg's will always be your friend.Bet you are getting in a lot of walking and running to with your Mom & Dad. Here's some news from the USA, Dad is sending the trailer out next week to be fixed better than new. That means when you come back to Florida it should be done and I heard Mom & Dad talking about a visit to your Mom & Dad after they recover from your trip, maybe in the spring while it's still cold here in MO. Won't that be great. Hope to see you girls soon. Your MO buddy Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete