Wednesday, November 2, 2011

We Finally Have Something To Post!!!

JODIE: It has been a long time since we've posted anything and although we have been three busy girls, it has been the same thing every day. How many times can we show you pictures of us in the pool or chasing the ball. Last weekend we all went in the motorhome to the east coast.

SANDY: Yes! It was just a year ago when we went to Palm Bay to visit Dad's brother and his family. The picture you see above is the one taken a year ago. It was just after I finished nursing nine hungry, pulling puppies and I was not nearly in the shape I am now.



How's that for beauty? I'm not quite in the shape I was before I became a Mom, and I don't think I will ever be. I was a very, very young female when I became a Mom, so I'm in great shape, I mean REALLY great shape, but I'm more mature now. Part of the change is my being much more sure of myself and my position in the Tempesta pack.



COCO: She can say that again! She used to be so shy. Well, I guess she still is around strangers, but she is a ball of fire around our house. She and I raise quite a ruckus rough housing in the computer room. Sandy is full of energy and something of a devil, so we enjoy the rough play. That is until Mom or Dad gets nervous and shuts us down. Jodie is older and doesn't like to play as rough as we do.



This is me running around the dog park in Palm Bay on the second day. The first day it really rained, but we'll tell you more of that later.




Here, Jodie is sniffing around the park.


This older girl is Rosie. She may be old, but she played like a much younger dog. Her people were tossing a ball and she would keep fetching it to be thrown again. The Dad-person wouldn't throw the ball anymore because it was too slimy, but Rosie's Mom-person took over and continued to toss the ball. They were very nice people and had at least one more dog with them.

JODIE: Coco mentioned the rain the first day. Actually, except for a short spell on Sunday, it was very rainy and windy all weekend. We went down to the dog park on Saturday and had the whole park to ourselves. As I said, it was rainy and windy and cold. Dad disappeared for awhile and we later found out that he was in the men's room keeping warm under the hand dryer. I could have used a little of that myself. When we got back to the camper, we were each given a very brisk rubdown with warm, dry towels. We each also got a cookie.

SANDY: Something funny is going on around here. Our swimming pool has a big gray cover on it. Dad opened the door to the pool area and Jodie, Coco, and I dashed over to the pool..........only to find this gray thing that keeps us out of the water. Why is that????

COCO: Please excuse Sandy, she's new to a lot of things around here. The gray cover on the pool means that we are going away from here for a while.......a long while. However, it has been my experience that better times are ahead. In the past, when the pool is covered we get to go swimming someplace exotic, like down the Keys, or in Canada, or Alaska, or California, or even Mexico. I hear rumors that we're going to Mexico. At least Mom and Dad are doing a lot of babbling in Spanish.

JODIE: Coco is right again, Sandy. We're heading for a long ride in the motorhome. Oh Joy!!!!

SANDY: Jodie, I thought you didn't like to ride in the motorhome.

JODIE: What was the clue, my panting all the way to Palm Bay and back?

SANDY: Well, yes. But when we got there you seemed to have a good time.

JODIE: Oh, once I get there I have a GREAT time. Wait until you see the ocean, with real waves and beaches that go further than you can see. With seagulls that you can chase and sticks you can find. If we're really lucky, we can find a dead fish to roll in.

COCO: Don't be fooled Sandy. Rolling in the fish is nice for a short while, but it means a long warm bath with that sweet smelling stuff that Mom loves. The fish smell doesn't last long, though I confess that a little of the odor remains long after the bath. We may smell OK to Mom, but us dogs, with our keen sense of smell can still detect a bit of the fish.

SANDY: OK. It all sound like an adventure to me. I guess that's all for now then?

JODIE, COCO, and SANDY Over and Out.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy you are a fine looking specimen!!..very svelte!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Girls, It's Rigg's here in MO. I think all three of you are cute. Just like my little sister Sadie, But she can be a pain when she goes over to Dad and tries to get his attention for pets. I always make sure that I get the pets and lovin first. after all he's my Dad and he's her Grandpa. Got big news from my Uncle Sam in NYC. He just got a new puppy, called Ralphie, a miniature Australian Shepherd. If you saw Dad's blog a couple days ago he put Ralphie's picture in it.Dad said he's not like the two shepherds that live behind us that a talk to through the fence. they are as big as me and police dogs, He said Ralphie is a small dog only a little bigger than Sadie and is used for herding sheep. That's about all the news , I can't wait to hear about your trip to Mexico.Your buddy Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, tell your Dad you want a new header photo showing your new no puppies look.
    After all a gal has her pride
    Have fun in Mexico and be good so Mom and Dad
    can truly enjoy their vacation

    ReplyDelete