Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How am I doing now, Jodie?

SANDY: Well, Mistress Jodie, how did I do today?

JODIE: You are making remarkable progress, Grasshopper. I am very much pleased with your progress, but there are still a few fine points that you must master.

SANDY: What do you wish of me, Mistress Jodie?

JODIE: First, would you please cut out that "Mistress Jodie" garbage? That would be an excellent start. next, I'd like to talk to you about your fish carcass grabbing. You did fine locating and grabbing the fish. That was really cool!!! HOWEVER.............taking the fish remains to Dad was not a good idea. Of course he took it away from you and buried it. I think that was the last straw because it was right after that when Dad called an end to beach time.

COCO: Don't worry too much about having Dad catch you. He caught me AND Jodie today, but he only caught each one of us once. They say that there are more fish in the sea, but there are more fish remains on the beach, also. Heh, heh. Dad caught me once, but he missed me the other times. It's so easy when there are three of us. He can't see what we're all doing so a quick snatch and gulp and he never has any idea what's going on. So don't give up. If he catches you, play up to him and pretend to be ashamed. Then, when he turns the other way, grab some more fish.

JODIE: Coco can be a little ....er.....rough, but she's right. Dad is only doing what he has to do and we are doing the same. You've got to make the most of this time because the time at the beach will not last very long. Besides, this is an unusual beach because the local fishermen clean their catches right near here. Some beached are completely clean of fish and then you have to settle for the ends of hot dogs and dirty sandwiches. The bottom line, Sandy, is that you are making GREAT progress. When you start to get into trouble it takes some of the pressure off me and Coco.

SANDY: Thanks for the advice girls. I'll keep it in mind and try to do better tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies. It's Rigg's again, I don't know about that fish guts stealing, I think I would rather be like Rylie and go for the gold and get a steak off the plate when Dads has got his hands full, Rylie would have made a clean escape if his Mom hadn't been right there. Like you said that beach won't last for ever and you will be moving on so have fun while you can.Have fun. your MO buddy, Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the smell of dead fish!..makes for great perfume!!..but you know then you get the bath in tomato juice!..dang it!! Tucker!

    ReplyDelete