Thursday, May 19, 2011

What's Up?

COCO: Coco here and I want to advise my friends of some changes around here. You can be sure that they were made without any input from me, Jodie, or Sandy. The Delta-Omega_Gamma sorority has been moved out of Dad's bed. We now have to meet in "His" computer room.

SANDY: I heard Mom and Dad talking about tossing us out of the room and it has something to do with Dad and al-er-gees. They were watching one of those doctor shows and the doctors were discussing al-er-gees. One man in the audience was complaining and they asked him if he had a dog and he said yes. Then they asked if the dog was allowed in the bedroom and he said yes, in fact, the dog sleeps on the bed. They told him that the dog should never be allowed in the bedroom or on the bed if the man had al-er-gees. I don't know about the al-er-gees, but often all three of us sleep on Dad's bed.

JODIE: Well, I've noticed that Dad has been sneezing an awful lot lately.

COCO: Yup, watery red eyes and a runny nose every morning. That's the way he has been when I wake him up in the morning. Am I the problem?

JODIE: Well, Coco, you would be the problem if you were the only one on the bed, but all three of us gather in there and it might be because the three of us overload his al-er-gee defenses.

SANDY: I, for one get plenty of attention and food and stuff when he and Mom are awake, so I don't have to sleep on his bed.

JODIE: Actually, I rarely spend the night. I get on the bed and get close to his chair while he reads. After we've had our last outside time and get our "Good night" cookie, I'm ready to turn in on my bed in the computer room.

COCO: I can see where that leaves me because I've been sleeping on his bed for YEARS. FOR YEARS!!! When we're in the camper, I still sleep with Dad? Is that going to change, too?

JODIE: It's a small price to pay to have a Dad who is health and well rested.

SANDY: We Delta Omegas will just have to meet in the computer room.

JODIE: It works for me!

COCO: OK, it works for me too.

2 comments:

  1. It's all about the 'humans'!!..al-er-gees and all!..I am in big trouble today...lost my 'chuckit ball' at the park..Dad is mad at me..I was busy cause there was other humans with 'chuckits'..so many balls so little time!..
    Tucker..have fun not sleeping on the bed..I sleep under Mom and Dad's bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodie ,Coco & Sandy, sorry to hear you got the boot from the bed. but Jodie is right if it is something that is affecting your Dad's health, that's a small price to pay for him feeling better. Oh no my Dad is reading this so I might lose my place on his bed.But you can still lay at his feet when he is reading and spend all those great play time with him. Life is good. Did I tell you my Mom & Dad are baysitting a cat, yeah you should smell how they smell.Luckily it is out in our visitors trailer, but the minute Dad comes in I smell him up one side and down the other and then i demand equal time with him. he knows and always spends time petting me and telling me he loves me best, I know I'm spoiled.Hey you girls be safe and have fun, and Sadie says thanks for letting her in your sorority, your MO. buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete