Friday, May 13, 2011

Just venting!

JODIE: Some strange goings on around here lately. Dad took off for several hours yesterday and came home smelling of DOG. Not Coco and not Sandy. Surely not me. Plus, he was especially nice to us today. Guilty conscience do you think?

SANDY: I don't see what's so wrong. Today we played ball, swam in the pool, and went for a ride in the car. That's three good things in one day. After we got back to the house after the ride, Coco and I just crashed at the sorority bed.

COCO: Even the car smelled of strange dog. I wonder what's been going on.

JODIE: Yes, I noticed the strange dog smell. Now, it's as if Dad is trying to make up to us. Did you notice Dad in his bathing suit? I thought that he was going to join us in the pool. He RARELY gets into the pool. In fact, he rarely goes in the water. On vacation, it's Mom who joins us in a swim.

SANDY: That's when Coco called him the white whale!

COCO: NO, NO, NO! I said that he was quite pale. QUITE PALE!! Other than his head and his arms he was very pale. Besides Sandy, can't you keep your flap shut?

SANDY: Well, you also mentioned Moby Dick.

JODIE: Talk your way out of that one, Coco.

COCO: Are you girls trying to get me in trouble?

Jodie: Nope, you're doing a good job of doing it yourself. The water is getting warmer and soon I suppose he will join us for a swim. Mom came in last week, but she can take water a lot cooler than dad.

COCO: Yeah, he's quite pale and a sissy.

JODIE: I think we'd better quit before Coco gets us in trouble. If we find out about the other dogs in Dad's life, we'll post.




2 comments:

  1. sounds like there is going to be some major 'sleuthing going on'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls, it's Rigg's here in MO. Don't worry. your Dad was probably doing another good deed to help some other Lab in need , remember he belongs to Lab rescue, so don't be jealous,Guess what we have company, Len & Phyllis came here to stay for a little while, they are full time campers, and blog with my Mom & Dad.They are really nice and they told me they used to have a black Lab, they also love playing with me and give me attention.Now that's the kind of company to have.Hope everything is going fine for you girls in Florida. Got to go, Your buddy, Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete