Thursday, July 26, 2012

We’re Back !!!

 

JODIE: Hello folks and fellow quadrupeds (DOGS). We finally have something to report as news. I know that we haven't posted much lately, but there has been nothing out of the ordinary. Today I had to wait until Dad came back from visiting Wifi. I guess he was supposed to meet Wifi at “Peg Leg Pete’s”, but Wifi wasn’t there. Then he tried to meet Wifi at a McDonald’s, but Wifi wasn’t there either. He finally found Wifi at another McDonalds. Coco and I were chatting and we wonder who Wifi is and if Mom knows about it.

COCO: I don’t know anything at all about Wifi. The fact is that I know very little about very much that is human. This is what I hear all day, woof, woof, woof, COOKIE, woof, woof, woof, woof, RIDE, woof, woof, woof, woof, SUPPER, woof, woof. I think you get the idea. I’d like to tell you about the last few days, because that’s where we have the news. A few days ago, we made another road trip in the motorhome. it wasn’t too bad as it was only a day and not a very long day at that.

JODIE: Speak for yourself Coco! I don’t like even a short ride in that bus.

COCO: OK, I’m not talking for you. Did you have nay problems with the ride, Sandy?

SANDY: No, I didn’t mind the ride. They stop from time to time and walk us. We have water and treats, and get scratched whenever we get near Mom or Dad. In fact, this was a very good trip because we also had Keaton and Kyle with us, so we got even more attention. As a matter of fact, I remember seeing Jodie cuddled up on the sofa with Kyle.

JODIE: OK! OK! I suppose you’re both right. The ride is a lot easier when I have someone to cuddle with.

COCO: Fine. We were riding to the campground and we passed over some big lakes or something.

IMG_7640

Of course I was delighted ‘cause I knew we were heading for a beach. Swimming!!! OH BOY!!! As we continued, I saw even more water and I could smell the ocean.

IMG_7751 

Then we stopped and Dad went into a building near a campground. When he came out, He told Mom that there was no place where the dogs could go in the water. I thought, rats, another vacation cooped up in the motorhome.

SANDY: Huh??? We went swimming yesterday.

JODIE: Well, Dad went off yesterday to look up “dog parks” on his computer and found the Bayview Dog Beach, where we went yesterday.

COCO: Yes, we went to the Dog Beach and had a GRAND time.

IMG_7657

 

IMG_7661

IMG_7659

 

COCO: Did you notice how Sandy completely dominated the ball fetching? When someone would throw a ball for their dog, Sandy would out swim the dog and get the ball. She wouldn’t even let the puppies get the ball.

 

SANDY: Heh, Heh!!! I was like a shark out there! Oh, if only Riggs were there with us. He would have had a great time.

 

IMG_7722

 

JODIE: But you have to admit that a lot of those puppies were so cute, and that brown one had a lot of pizzazz! He gave his best, trying to get the ball and he didn’t hesitate to put his head underwater to find something.

SANDY:  Oh, I agree, and if you look at the picture above, you’ll see I didn’t even try to get that ball that time.

 

COCO: You faker!!! You weren’t in that picture because you were busy steeling another ball from another dog.!!!!

 

SANDY: Uh….I NEVER stole a ball from a dog, NEVER. I DO beat them to the ball and get it before they can.

 

JODIE: I think we’ve had enough of the ball argument. On to something else. Did either of you notice that Kyle and Keaton seemed to be having a good time? And, did either of you see the little dog that jumped up where Mom was sitting and shook water all over her? Then Dad laughed and the little dog ran over and jumped on Dad, soaking his pants while the water dripped into his shoes. It was a riot!

 

COCO: I didn’t see that.

SANDY: Neither did I.

IMG_7748

IMG_7717

IMG_7671

IMG_7685

JODIE: Well, I REALLY enjoyed our day at the beach. Then mom washed us off on one of the wash platforms. Dad walked me out and tied me to a railing in the shade of a tree. Then he got the Jeep and drove over to me with towels and dried me off. He left the Jeep running so it was nice and cool when I jumped in. Also, since he moved the Jeep into the shade, I didn’t have to walk across any hot pavement.

COCO: Yup, me and the young chick got the same royal treatment.

SANDY: Young chick….? YOUNG CHICK…?

COCO: Yup, young chick. You ARE the young chick. Jodie is the old Hen, and I’m just about perfect.

JODIE: This has gone far enough, but I’ll remember your comment, Coco. Now it’s time to end this for today. If we chat too long, our typist is less likely to help us again soon. So, from the three princesses from Inverness, Fl, So long and Happy Tails to You

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls it's Rigg's, don't know if your Dad told you but I had to go to the Vet for an operation yesterday. A couple weeks ago Dad & Mom found a lump growing on my belly, it was getting bigger so they took me to the Vet. She said it was a tumor and would have to be removed and checked to make sure it wasn't cancer.That's what they did, they gave me a shot and I went to sleep and while I was asleep they cut the tumor out and stitched me up, I have a bald spot on my tummy until it grows back, Have your Dad show you the picture on my Dad's blog. Anyway the bad news is I can't run or swim for 10 days until the stitches are out and healed.You guys were sure lucky to get a vacation and swimming, I will see you again some day. your buddy Rigg's in MO.

    ReplyDelete