Monday, July 30, 2012

Another day at Dog Beach

 

JODIE: Coco and I were discussing our day at the dog park and compared it to other days at other dog parks. The only one that can compare is Dog Beach in San Diego. Is it just a coincidence that San Diego and Pensacola are Navy towns? We don’t think so!

 

COCO: It really doesn’t matter because we have a good time anyway. Throw a ball and we’ll fetch. We’ll play with all the dogs and have a sniffing good time.

 

Sandy: Well, I had a good time. Having Keaton and Kyle throw the ball is a good thing. Dad’s arm isn’t what it used to be and I like a good swim to get the ball. Heck, if it’s too close to shore any dog can get it.

DSC08950

 

COCO:  You guys see me with the K’s out on the raft? I swam out myself when I saw them and got on all by myself! I gave them a ball and they’d throw it and I’d swim and fetch. Then I’d swim back and do it all over again. It’s a bit hard getting up on the raft, but I  did it.

DSC08935

DSC08938

DSC08930

 

SANDY: Well, I think we all ahd a great time and the bath and the toweling was a bonus. When we got home, I was ready for the sack.

 

COCO: Me, too!

 

JODIE: The problem with you Coco, is that you do too much at one time. You should take it a little easier.

 

COCO: What do you mean, take it easier??? I’m fine!!

 

JODIE:  You say you’re fine, but after such a hectic day, you can’t jump up on the bed. You sit there and whimper until Dad comes over and helps you up. Isn’t that a problem?

 

COCO: Well, Dad has to help Sandy up, too.

 

JODIE: Sandy can jump higher than I can, she just doesn’t know it and she’s afraid. Have you seen how fast she can jump up there when there’s a thunder storm?

 

SANDY: Who’s afraid?

 

COCO: Oh, come on!!!! When it thunders, you shake like a leaf while Jodi and I just chill out in bad.

 

JODIE: Leave her alone, Coco. We don’t know what she’s been through before she came to live with us. She is easy to live with and gives us no problems. I think we’re lucky to have Sandy with us.

 

SANDY: Thanks, Jodie. I don’t know why loud noises bother me but they do. And, I know I don’t have the devil-may-care attitude of Coco because I’m more of a lady and Coco is more of a bulldozer running amok.

 

COCO: What does she mean, Jodie?

 

JODIE: Don’t worry about it, Coco. It’s over your head. Lets just say that we’ve been having a good time on this vacation and soon we’ll be heading home to the pool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Girls, It's Rigg's, I am still recovering from my surgery.What a bummer , I have to take pills twice a day once in the morning and again before I go to bed, boy do they knock me out, My Dad lets me lay next to him on his bed after my morning pills and I usually sleep a couple hours,He said he still has heard from the Vet on the tests results but will let your Dad know when he does. I have to go back next week to have the stitches taken out.My Dad says they look nice and are healing just fine.By the time I see you guys again my hair will have grown back and you won't know they cut a four inch hole in my tummy.My Vet Ellie is really nice and she smells good.My Dad even says that.You girls be safe, I miss you all. Your friend in MO. Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Aunts Jodie, Coco and Sandy. So glad to hear you are having fun at the dog beach. I haven't been swimming yet, not sure if I would like it. Mom says she wont take me anywhere till I start minding. I like to come when called only when mom has a treat. If she doesn't have a treat, I figure, why come?

    Dad put a grate on the bottome of the big gate so now I can't crawl under that, but I will look elsewhere for a way to escape. They put me in the stupid donkey's pen today, because there were a lot of people coming and going and they just wont let me go explore the road.

    Glad to hear your friend Rigg's is better too. Well aunties, keep in touch and maybe someday you can teach me to swim. If the water is warm....

    ReplyDelete