Friday, January 6, 2012

Hello from Mexico

JODIE: Hello all! I'm sorry that it has been such a while since we posted, but we've had a hard time getting the Old Man to do his share. He moans and groans and says he's too busy to transcribe our thoughts, but he seems to have plenty of time for other things. He reads to much and, between you and me, he eats too much.

COCO: Aren't you getting on dangerous ground, calling Dad the Old Man?

JODIE: Who cares? He has been negligent in his duties as a blog writer and someone has got to give him a kick in the butt.

SANDY: I just want everyone to know that I have nothing to do with this mutiny. I love Dad just the way he is and I would NEVER refer to him as the OLD MAN.

JODIE: Sandy, you are a wuss!!!

COCO: I'm with Sandy, I love Dad just the way he is!! Think I can have another cookie, now?

JODIE: Oh, if I was only a biting dog, I'd latch onto a couple of butts around here. However, I want to bring things up to date. We've been having a pretty good time here, playing ball every day, sometimes twice. We've got some friends that we associate with.


This is Osa, which means bear, and she looks kind of like a bear. But, she is the sweetest dog. She is the guard dog for the campground but I don't know how that works out because she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She gets along with everyone and everything. There is a donkey, visitor's dogs, cats, and even cattle over the fence. She gets along with everyone. She does bark when someone new arrives and I guess that's part of her job, to announce new guests. She roams free and will sometimes join us at the far end of the campground.



This is Tilly. She takes care of Brian and Sue. Tilly is definitely a low key dog and though she will occasionally offer up a woof, there is nothing aggressive about her.



This is Donkey Hotay (Don Quiote, get it??). He got here after us and is apparently part of the campground staff, working in the landscape crew. Most of the time he wanders the campground trimming grass here and there or getting rid of the old corn stalks. He's very quiet, as we've never heard a bray out of him. Trimming the grass seems to be his only interest as he never wants to play.




This is part of the gang next door. They are quiet and mind their own business, but they're nice to have around.

COCO: What about those three little dogs??

JODIE: Patience! I was just getting to them. We had a family of three cuddly little dogs here for a couple of days. What is interesting is that we first met them at Celestino RV a month od=r so ago. I'm not sure what kind of dogs they were bit they were very small compared to us. There was the Mama dog, the Papa dog, and the little Boy dog. Sounds a lot like Goldilocks and the three bears, doesn't it? They came up from the coast for a few days, but their family decided to move on.

SANDY: I've been having a great time in Mexico. I thought that down here the other dogs would bark in Mexican, but that's not so. I guess dog-speak is a universal language. Osa is Mexican and we've met other dogs from Quebec and we all get along just fine. We have been getting in some trouble with Dad and Mom over.........

JODIE: STOP!!! STOP RIGHT NOW!!! WE are not going to discuss this with the public. It's bad enough that Dad and Mom are upset with our dietary supplements, we don't want to upset our readers.

SANDY: But I just wanted........

JODIE: ENOUGH!!! Don't bark another word!

COCO: Yeah, Sandy. We're in enough trouble already. Don't make matters worse. Besides, they may be taking us back to the beach to get away from Donkey Hotay and the cattle.

JODIE: No, I think that Dad is cold and want's to go where it's warmer. Anyway, at the beach we can supplement our diet with fish remains.

SANDY: You two are leading me astray!!! I was perfectly happy with the food Dad and Mom provided. Then you got me on fish remains and that wasn't too bad, but here........

COCO: If you say anything else, Jodie will bite your butt and if she won't I will. Just shut up about what we eat. Nough said?

SANDY: OK, nough said.

JODIE: I guess that will do it for now. The days have been pretty much the same for the last few weeks, but I understand that we'll be heading back to a campground right on the Pacific in a few days, so we'll have more to report. Hasta luego!

COCO: Yup, hasta whatever.

SANDY: Good bye until later, aloha, adieu, and caio!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Girls. it's Rigg's. did you get the e-mail I sent you. Mom said she would send it for me so I could say Hi again, I am missing your blogs, I know when your on vacation your having fun, I remember my trip with Mom & Dad and all the fun I had and the new dogs I met.I've been in trouble with my Mom & Dad a couple times lately to, I guess that just goes with being a big Lab.Speaking of that I'll bet if I was down there with you I could get Donkey Hotay to play with us. Well that's about it just saw Dad taking a couple sandwichs to the table so I am going to watch him eat, you never know. Your Buddy Rigg's....

    ReplyDelete
  2. adios amigos!..have fun in Mexico!!!

    ReplyDelete