Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You should have seen the look on their faces!

Hi, Jodie here and I want to tell you what happened today. I'm a pretty good Labrador Retriever. No, I'm a GREAT Labrador Retriever. However, I have one vice that drives the folks crazy. I like to roll in what they feel is awful, stinky stuff. Well, I'm not too fond of his after shave or her perfume, either. Nothing smells quite as good as a well-rotted squirrel carcass. After supper I went outside to wander the yard and I found a delightful spot and rolled. Coming into the house I didn't get ten feet in before Mom noticed my new scent. Actually, I never get to wear a scent very long and I was SUMMONED to the laundry room for a bath. This is nothing new and I've been in here dozens of times. In fact, if I can find that spot tomorrow, I may be back to the laundry room tomorrow, too.

The folks have a double set tub that Dad took the middle from years before I came here. It was so they could wash a couple of Labs that were before my time. The sink sits to the right of the washer and dryer. Usually, Dad picks me up and puts me in the sink. Tonight, Mom said that I would have to be put in the sink and before they could react, I jumped up on the dryer and then stepped down into the sink. The folks were flabbergasted!!!!

Now, some dogs may think of a bath as punishment, but consider the facts. I'm a Lab, so water is my element. Mom runs warm water over me and scrubs me with a shampoo that really doesn't smell TOO bad. She works the suds into my coat and massages my fur. Then she rinses me off with more warm water, still running her fingers through my fur. When she is finished, Dad takes me out of the tub and dries me down with the air hose, and does THAT feel good. Finally, he uses a few big fluffy towels to dry me off. That means more rubbing. Gosh, a doggie spa couldn't be any better. I think I remember where that carcass is located. Going through this again tomorrow would be pretty nice, especially if it's cold out.

Sandy is about at the end of her heart worm treatment and is starting to go out with me and Coco. The folks don't let her run too much, so that limits what Coco and I can do. We like to play ball, but we really get into it and it's a rough work out and the folks won't do it while Sandy is out with us. That's OK, the pack still gets to run around the woods out back and check out what animals have been passing through.

That's about all for now.

Jodie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jodie,Coco&Sandy, it's Rigg's I liked hearing about your bath, I get mine with a cold water hose on the patio when it's warm outside, in the winter my big brother Andy puts a swimsuit on and takes me in Dad's bedroom in the shower and shuts the door so I can't get out, at least then I have warm water and does the same as your mom rubbing and scratching and it feels so good. I always start my shaking off before he gets the towel around me cause I like to hear him say "Dammit Rigg's", pretty cool huh.Hope you girls are doing okay, tell Sandy if she is getting tutored, I think that's what my Mom said I had done when I went to the vets.I can't wait to see you'all again.Your MO. buddy Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete