Sunday, January 16, 2011

We're back!

Well, I'm back. I don't know about Coco and Sandy. It has been awhile, but our "scribe" has been very busy and it was impossible to get his attention. Things around here are almost the same with the major change being Sandy. She has been undergoing treatment for heart worm and it has affected me and Coco more than we would have thought. Sandy cannot be involved in any running, heavy exercise, or horseplay. I guess Mom thinks that it should apply to me and Coco too, as we haven't been in the pool in eons.

Another thing is that our "puppy machine" is ready to go again. Mom refers to it as being in "heat", but I'll tell you, it's driving me crazy. She keeps making these goo goo eyes at me and acting as if I was a male that would take advantage of the situation. I'm female. I'm spayed, and if she makes goo goo eyes at me one more time I'm going to bite her.

Jodie may be hassled by the new attention she's getting from Sandy, but the folks and I think it's a riot!! Sandy will prance over to Jodie and strut her stuff in Jodie's face. Then she'll offer herself to Jodie and Jodie just sits there and growls. Sandy will perk up her ears and move a very short distance away and start all over again.

I'm glad that you're enjoying it, Coco. Dad finally took down the gate and let me on his bed. Then he shut the gate to keep Sandy out. If she were doing the goo goo eyes at you, see what you'd do.

Face it Jodie, she's after you because you are more the "masculine " type.

You are playing with fire, Coco. You keep this up and I'll be putting the big bite on both of you.

Are you two talking about me? I can't help what's happening to me. The last time this happened I was living in that place with all the other dogs and I sure got a lot of attention. Now, I'm hot, I'm cold, I tingle, or I hurt. Mom says it's my hormones, whatever that is. She also says to hold on, it won't last too long, and then it should never happen again as I will be "tutored" early next month.

This hasn't been an easy time for me either. Before this session of "heat", I've been restricted to the leash since the start of heart worm treatment. Do you know how much I want to join you two when you run out in the yard. You two get to go out on your own and then I'm leashed and slowly walked out back to do my business. It's down right degrading!

Well, as I understand it you've got about three more weeks before you're spayed, then a couple of weeks to heal before your ready to rock and roll. So, five more weeks and it'll be the three musketeers again.

One for all and all for one! ....... At least until supper time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,Jodie, Coco & Sandy, this is Rigg's, I had to go to the vets myself about a week ago,My Dad took me early in the morning and gave me kisses and said he would see me later, and these two girls took me to a room and then the next thing I knew I got a shot and I was alseep, When I woke up it was a while before I could walk, and then they put this cone thing on my head, and walked me out front and there was Dad, but I couldn't kiss him cause of the cone.I heard the lady vet tell Dad that I had to keep the cone on for a week so I wouldn't mess up my stitches. What are stitches? anyway I heard Dad tell the Vet good luck, that cone won't last 5 minutes once were home, Guess what , he was right, as soon as I was home in our kitchen , I ripped that cone off and tore the the ties off. So I didn't have to wear it, Dad says I have been really good and let my stitches alone, Hate to admit it but I still don't know what he's talking about, but anyway he told Mom on Tuesday he is taking me back to the vets, for a couple of minutes to have them removed and then I will come home.Right away this time, I'll let you know what I find out about stitches.Hey Sandy what are Jodie & Coco talking about, this heat thing , our you hot all the time, wish it was hot here in MO, it has been freezing, you just go out and do your business and then run as fast as you can and knock on the door to get back in.Hope you girls are having fun in Florida. Can't wait to see you again. Your MO buddy Rigg's...

    ReplyDelete