Saturday, October 27, 2012

We’re on the Road Again!!!

COCO: Yup, it’s true. We’ve been on the road over a week now and all is still going well. We were in some nice campgrounds and we NEVER raised a ruckus.

JODIE: You and Sandy seem to have a good time, but I don’t like riding that far. I don’t even like long drives in the car.

COCO: I’d think that you’d be used to it by now. You’ve been to Alaska, Newfoundland/Labrador, Florida Keys. and the Pacific shore of Mexico. How bad can it be??

JODIE: Oh, I LOVED all those places, I just don’t like driving there. We had a ball in all those places, swimming in new waters and enjoying a whole range of new smells. I could smell animals that I can’t even recognize.

SANDY: What’s that about Alaska, and those other places? I only know about the dog park in Palm Bay, Florida and the trip to Mexico last year.

COCO: Well, that was all before you came into the pack, Sandy. The fact is that Jodie and I have been EVERYWHERE!!!! We’ve snagged fowl things off the plains of Yellowstone National Park and dried stinky fish off the shores of Labrador. Heck, we’ve rolled in things you haven’t even seen.

JODIE: Oh, yeah! Coco, remember that fish camp in Prince Edward Island, where we found the rotten fish?

COCO: Of course, that was one of my greatest triumphs. It wasn’t all fun though. I remember being tied to a picnic table outside until they could heat water to wash us with. I never shivered so much.

JODIE: Yeah, about as much as Sandy shivers when she hears fireworks or loud noises.

SANDY: I’m just sensitive. You don’t know where I came from and how frightening loud noises were.

JODIE: Oh…..boo …hoo.

SANDY: Laugh if you want, both of you, but I am what I am. And what about you Jodie, panting like crazy all the time were on the road. You weren’t complaining or laughing when I was trying to calm you down yesterday.

IMG_8609

IMG_8606

JODIE: I’m sorry, Sandy, you’re right and I thank you for helping me out during the trip yesterday. I just couldn’t handle another day of riding. At least we’ve been in the same spot two days in a row, and that feels good.

COCO: OK, is this cuddle fest over?? Remember, we’ll be on the road again tomorrow, so don’t get too comfortable.

JODIE: I feel well rested now. I can take another days ride. Beside I heard that there is a possibility of spending two, three, or possibly more days at the next stop.

SANDY: Then we’re ready to roll.

JODIE: I guess that’s all for now, but now that we’re actually doing something we should have more to write. WOOF TO ALL.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi girls, it's Rigg's, Boy are you guys lucky, your in Mexico again, won't be long before your running the beach and chasing the waves. Were getting ready for cold weather here. My Dad says it won't be long and the snow will fly. Actually I don't mind the snow. it's not as much fun as water. but you can run and slide and throw it up in the air with your nose. Then if you do your spins you can lie in it and roll around. One thing I can look forward to is after the winter is over and you guys are home again Dad & Mom said we might be coming to visit you guys again.They really like your Mom & Dad and like those visits , plus we get to swim in the pool.Guess that's about it for now. Your Buddy Rigg's in MO.

    ReplyDelete