Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life after Riggs

JODIE: Well, Riggs has been gone for over a week and we've wanted to mention him in our blog, but, as usual, it took some doing to get Dad off his butt. Or perhaps I should say get his butt in front of the computer to take our dictation. Today, everything fell into place.

COCO: Are you going to tell our friends how much we miss Riggs?

JODIE: That was the general idea, but we have more to say than just that.

SANDY: I have to admit that it was nice to have such a handsome guy around the pool. At the very beginning I had to snap at him once when he was giving me a lot of attention, but he never bothered me again and turned out to be a real gentleman.

JODIE: You're still suffering from the trauma of getting, knoc.....er...pregnant at your last home. Do not worry, you have been "fixed" so no male will ever be able to that to you again. In addition, I have it on good authority that Riggs has also been "fixed" so he will not be producing any new puppies either.

COCO: We've had so many males pass through here in the last few years that a girl can't be sure.

JODIE: Oh, we can be sure. It doesn't matter about the males because we three beautiful Labs have ALL been "fixed" and WE will not produce more puppies. Another thing, Riggs was not just another dog passing through on his way to a forever home. He is in his forever home with Sam and Donna and he was here for a week. Didn't you enjoy swimming and playing with Riggs?


COCO: Well, my thing is jumping and diving and I rely on a Human to throw my toys in the water. You like to play tug and chase, so you had more fun with Riggs than Sandy or I.

SANDY: I think it was  nice to have such a hunk of male Labrador running around our pool. It gave our pool some class! Besides, he was so gentle that you wouldn't think a guy that big could be so gentle with us girls. He never played rough and he even let Jodie win at Tug.


JODIE: Whoa there, Sandy. What do you mean he LET me win at Tug?

COCO: Get real, Jodie! He out weighs you by thirty pounds. If he wanted, he could tug you from here to the dog pound.

JODIE: Not so! Not so! I can even pull the toys away from Dad and he outweighs me by a ton!

SANDY: Sorry Jodie, but I have to agree with Coco. I've seen you play with Dad, and I'm SURE that he lets you win, then chases you around the pool. It's the only way he and you get any exercise. As for Riggs, if you haven't noticed, he is el primo, heavy with MUSCLE. Her chooses to be a gentleman because he is just a nice guy.

JODIE: I'm shocked, shocked, I say!

COCO: Oh, don't go all dramatic on us. Let's just say that Riggs was being extra nice to an old lady lab and let it go at that.

JODIE: OLD????  OLD????

SANDY: Give it up Jodie. You are in dog years what Dad is in people years. And you were calling him The Old Man since I came on the scene, probably earlier. I'm the baby in the family and closer to Riggs' age than either of you. If you look, you will see that, like Riggs, I'm in my prime.

JODIE: I'm old, huh? Well with age comes wisdom. I know who I am and what I can and cannot do. I get along with nearly all people and dogs and I'm generally welcome anywhere. One more thing, I AM THE ALPHA DOG AROUND HERE! And you'd better believe it. Now this conversation is over.

COCO: But....

JODIE: OVER!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Girls, It's Rigg's, Boy Oh Boy, Oh Boy, I just wanted to say I sure had a great time with you at your house in Florida.I also want you to know none of you three ladies is old in my eyes. I was in heaven just to get to stay with three pretty young lady Labs and swim and play with you. Thank you for your compliments, and yes I am all muscle and yes I know I am a handsome Boy Lab. But I can Thank my Dad for giving me sound advice before I met you girls (Jodie and Coco at least) th first time. My Dad said his Grandma always used to tell him if your nice to the girls, they will be nice to you,then he would laugh and say that's how I got your Mom. I hope we can get together again in another year or so. Now that I am home I have Sadie to play with with she is so much smaller than you girls that I have to be real careful not to hurt her. Hope you girls have a good summer. Your buddy in MO. Rigg's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have other friends beside Riggs. There are our cousins Patches and Baby, who we see from time to time. We hope to meet some of our other friends, like Tucker, someday.
    J, C, & S

    ReplyDelete