Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finally got Dad off his behind

COCO: We haven't posted for a while because we couldn't get Dad to do anything!

JODIE: That's being a bit cruel, Coco. You know that he's been without a good internet connection for a while.

COCO: Well, I was just trying to make sure that we didn't get blamed.

SANDY: I think Coco is just frustrated because she can't work off her excess energy.

JODIE: That's probably true for all of us. We haven't played fetch since we left the Hacienda and we haven't been in the surf since Perula. Let's take some time to bring our blog up to date.

When we got back to Hacienda Contreras there were some changes. Donkey Hotay is still there, but Ossa is gone. Neko is new and so is Bella. The Contreras have a house as well as the campground. Ossa was the campground dog and Neko was the house dog. Then along came the new puppy Bella and Ossa couldn't get along with the pup, so Ossa and Neko changed places.




This is Bella! As you may recognize, a Labrador Retriever.



Another picture of the pup.



This is Neko!


Neko is Barb's personal guard dog.

JODIE: Bella is a Lab like me and she looks just like I did a long time ago. She started out pure white, but we can see the yellow starting to come out on her back. Barb brought Bella down to see us a couple of times, but when she saw us three strange dogs she made a beeline back to the building. I'm sorry if we scared her. I'm sure we'll be great friend when we return next winter as she'll be almost full grown and as big as we are.

SANDY: Neko is a good dog, but she seems very quiet and shy.

COCO: She'll get used to all the campers and their dogs. She doesn't seem at all aggressive. Have you mentioned your sore foot, Jodie.

JODIE: Not yet. I guess I hurt my foot during some rough play at the Hacienda and it seemed to be getting worse. Mom and Dad took me to a Vet in Patzcuaro and he was very nice. I never even growled. He poked and prodded and said there was nothing serious and gave the folks some medicine for me. I'm feeling much better.

COCO: I also want to tell everyone that we have a lot of area around here, but we're always on the leash since I escaped the first day. There's PLENTY of room to play fetch, but the folks are afraid of the steer, the cow, and all the horses that walk free around here. I think they are over reacting to the steer that was going to butt Tilly. They're also afraid we may chase the animals.

SANDY: I'm the new girl on the block, but even I know that Coco can NOT be trusted. She got away the first day and the folks have taken no chances since then. We don't know where we are headed next, but are hoping for surf or at least an area where we can run and play.

JODIE: I guess that's it for now. We'll try to be better about the blog if we can get Dad and the internet to cooperate. Bye from all of us!

3 comments:

  1. hope you get to run and play soon!!..or maybe swim in the ocean!..it's a dog's life..and you three have the best of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad the pup is afraid, he would have a great time playing w/ you girls...but 3 of you and so big and he's just a baby, you can see why he would be afraid.
    Sounds like you are all behaving pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Girls, It's Rigg's, I see my Mom posted ahead of me, that puppy looks cute and she will get used to having bigger dogs around, just like Sadie did when my brother Andy brought her home.Now I just have to be careful when I play with her not to be to rough.Hey it is March tomorrow and that means in one month it will be April, and guess what happens then.Mom & Dad and I will be coming to Florida for a visit. I'll talk Dad into bringing you girls some treats so let me know what your favorite is.I can't wait to go swimming with you again. anyway See Ya in a month...Rigg's

    ReplyDelete