Thursday, August 25, 2011

DAD'S BACK ! ! !

COCO: Yo, everybody. Dad has come home!!! We didn't tell anyone that he was going away because we didn't want everyone to know that there would be all us females here with no man to protect us.

JODIE: Some of us were not the least bit perturbed about being here with out Dad. Don't get me wrong, I sure missed him, but I wasn't afraid of being here without him. Last night Mom came home and pulled in the garage. We were used to her coming home alone and were not surprised to see her come in alone again. Then we saw a figure coming up the driveway and WE WENT INTO OVERDRIVE!!!! I mean Coco, Sandy and I charged down to driveway to accost the intruder. We had the hair on our backs up and we were barking like mad dogs. Then we heard Dad call us and we jumped with joy. We literally jumped and jumped and jumped some more. We were so glad to see him.

SANDY: Actually, not much changed when we went away. We were still fed on time. We still got in the pool almost every day. We even got to sleep on his bed. Thinking about it, I had a LOT more room with him not in the bed.

COCO: Well, he IS home and I like it better when he's here, and I did more jumping than anybody.

JODIE: I like it better, too. We could stay on his bed, but we didn't get scratched, and nobody scratches me like Dad.

COCO: I agree! I guess Dad was up visiting relatives, because he brought back pictures of Mya, our cousin in Pembroke, Ma, and a new cousin, Harley, who we've never met. Harley is cousin Tammy's new dog.

JODIE: If I understand correctly, Harley was rescued like the three of us. When Tammy got him, his backside had nearly no hair because he was infested with fleas and was allergic to their bites. With Tammy's care he got rid of the fleas, put on some weight and now is a handsome character.




Harley, a terrier mix, part being a Jack Russell.


He doesn't look too dangerous, but he is an excellent mouser!

JODIE: Yes, we understand that he is one excellent mouser, having one mouse to his credit already. He also a chipmunker, but so far, the chipmunks have eluded him.



This is Mya, a petite Maltese, who always wants her belly scratched.

SANDY: Yes, we understand that Mya is always trying to get Dad to scratch her belly. She's just as bad as Jodie.....and ..Coco.........OK......and me, too. Nothing beats a belly rub.

COCO: Not so! Not so! A cookie beats a belly rub every time.

JODIE: No, not every time.

COCO: Oh, yes indeed!!! Every time a cookie is better than a belly rub.

SANDY: You two live for a cookie. Personally, I'd rather have the belly rub, most of the time.

COCO: Speaking of cookies, it's time for our evening cookie..........I'm out of here!

JODIE: Out of the way, Sandy,....me too!!!

SANDY: Honestly, those two would sell their tails for something else to eat. I guess that finishes us up for the day. We're still in the pool almost every day and generally staying out of the awesome Florida heat. I'm the new dog on the block and from what I see, life is good. We three will chat with you later.

2 comments:

  1. nothing wrong with a belly rub!..glad to hear your Dad is back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls it's Rigg's here. I know what you mean about when your Dad is away, I remember last year when my Dad went to Pa. to help his sister Wendy. He was gone for three months.Boy did I ever miss him, he is so good and strong with his pets and lovin. And you are so right nobody does a tummy rub like Dad's can. Now I watch him like a hawk to make sure he isn't packing that black bag he takes when he goes away. Hope you three are all having fun in your pool, that sure must be great to have your own swimming pool. I'm going to go in and jump up on Mom & Dad's bed. maybe Dad will come in and lay by me . Your buddy in MO. Rigg's.....

    ReplyDelete