Saturday, June 25, 2011

The News of the Week

JODIE: Hello, all. Just wanted to catch up on all the news that's fit to print. It has been really hot day after day and it's a good thing that we have the pool. You know that Coco and I are in the water all the time, but Sandy doesn't like it too much. On day Sandy was trying to reach a ball in the water and reached out a little too far, thinking that the step extended further than it really did. SPLASH, she was in the water and in half a second she was out again. She didn't even use the steps, she went right up the side! I thought that she would stay further away from the pool, but that's not the case. She has started wading on the top step. It's very shallow, but it is a start.

SANDY: Yes, it was quite a surprise when the step wasn't there. Did you notice that I came up with the ball? And it's true that I walk on the top step. I may not like to swim, but the water is cool on my feet. Besides, I've been watching Coco and I'm playing like she does. I get on the step and drop my ball in the water. Then I watch while the current in the pool takes the ball away. I follow the ball and fetch it when it gets close to the side. later on, I'll do it again.

COCO: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wait 'til I tell you what happened to me! The folks took me to the vets Wednesday. I usually don't mind and I like the vet that attends to me, Kelly Maxwell.

SANDY: Oh, Kelly! She is sooooo sweet and she's the one that took care of me and all my pups. She was so nice to all of us.

COCO: Yes, Sandy we know all about that, ancient history. If you don't mind I'll finish my story.

SANDY: I was just say............

COCO: Yeah, I know you were just INTERRUPTING!!! Now, where was I...oh yes, at the vets. Well, it seems that I had a problem with something called anal glands. Dr. Kelly and her helper took me into a back room where the folks couldn't see. Dr. K put on rubber gloves and the helper held me down. Then Dr. K did to me that are probably illegal in 20 states. They left me without shred of modesty. Was I happy to get back in the car!

SANDY: Can I speak now?

COCO: Sure, I'm done.

SANDY: OK. Jodie and Coco don't seem to mind thunderstorms. At least they don't get rattled the way I do. When I hear that first loud crack of thunder, I want to run and hide someplace safe. To me, that someplace is Dad's bed. I WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! They tell me no, but I won't listen. They put up gates, but I just mow them down. I guess I've finally gotten my point across as there have been several storms yesterday and today and there are no gates at all. I did have to scratch the bedroom door once, but Dad opened it in a second. I feel safe on the bed, and pretty soon it was also occupied by Jodie, Coco, and Dad, too.

JODIE: There's more to this story, but I think you'll have to read it on Dad's blog. Essentially, the summer is filled with days of running in the woods, playing in the pool, getting dried off (which I REALLY like) eating, sleeping and getting the occasional ice cream. So we really can't complain, but I would prefer to be touring Canada or Alaska and seing some of the cooler parts of this continent.

That's all, from Jodie, the self appointed moderator. Over and out

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls, its Riggs. Boy Sandy you don't know what you are missing by not liking the water, its really fun. It has rained my whole vacation. It was a real bummer,there was a small river right behind the house we were at, but I couldnt go swimming, I really envy you being able to swim everyday. Well I'll woof to you again.

    ReplyDelete